This article relies largely or entirely on a single source
. (May 2014)
Giovanni Pietro Maffei (1533–1603), also anglicized as John Peter Maffei, was an Italian Jesuit and author. He wrote a life of Ignatius of Loyola, founder of the Society of Jesus, and also wrote about the activities of the Society in the Orient.
- De vita et moribus B. P. Ignatii Loiolae, qui societatem Jesu fundavit.
- Vite di diciassette confessori di Cristo
- Le istorie dell' Indie Orientali
- La chirurgia
- Rerum a Societate Jesu in Oriente gestarvm tractatus
- Historica Indica (1588)
- Charles N. Baldwin A Universal Biographical Dictionary, Containing the Lives of the Most Celebrated Characters of Every Age and Nation Andrus & Judd, 1833