This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)
Porta is believed to have been born in Venice. One of the masters of early 18th-century opera and one of the leading Venetian musicians, Porta made his way from Rome, to Vicenza, to Verona, then London where his opera Numitore was performed in 1720 by the Royal Academy of Music (1719), and eventually back to Venice and Verona, and finally Munich, where he spent the last 18 years of his life.
- Aria Madre diletta (from Ifigenia in Aulide) on Drama Queens Joyce DiDonato Alan Curtis (conductor) Virgin Classics 2012
- Aria Mormorando quelle fronde (from La costanza combattuta in amore) on Venezia recital Max Cencic Virgin Classics 2013
- Sinfonia for trumpet, strings & continuo in D on Il Diario di Chiara Europa Galante and Fabio Biondi Glossa Music 2014
- Mus.2444-F-1 at Saxon State and University Library Dresden website
- Talbot, Michael (2011). The Vivaldi Compendium. Boydell Press. pp. 25, 147. ISBN 9781843836704.
- Freeman, Daniel E. (1992). The Opera Theater of Count Franz Anton Von Sporck in Prague Stuyvesant, N.Y.: Pendragon Press. ISBN 0945193173, p. 166