|Olympic medal record|
Giovanni Battista Zuddas (March 1, 1928 – October 21, 1996) was a bantamweight professional boxer from Italy, who won the silver medal at the 1948 Summer Olympics, losing to Tibor Csik of Hungary in the championship match.
1948 Olympic results
Below is the record of Giovanni Zuddas, an Italian boxer, who competed in the bantamweight division at the 1948 London Olympics:
- Round of 32: defeated Bonifacio Zarcal (Philippines) on points
- Round of 16: defeated Jean-Marie Grenot (France) on points
- Quarterfinal: defeated Willie Lenihan (Ireland) referee stopped contest in third round
- Semifinal: defeated Alvaro Vicente (Spain) on points
- Final: lost to Tibor Csik (Hungary) on points (was awarded silver medal)
Zuddas turned pro in 1950 and fought mainly in Italy and Europe. He held the Italian bantamweight title and fought for the title several times throughout his career. In 1959 he lost a decision to boxing legend Eder Jofre, and retired the following year.
|This article about an Italian Olympic medalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to an Italian boxer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|