Girish promoting his film Ramaiya Vastavaiya in 2013.
Girish Kumar Taurani
30 January 1989
|Years active||2013 – present|
|Known for||Ramaiya Vastavaiya (2013 film)|
|Relatives||Ramesh S. Taurani (uncle)|
Girish Kumar Taurani (born 30 January 1989) is an Indian film actor working in the Hindi film industry. Girish made his Bollywood debut with the romantic comedy film Ramaiya Vastavaiya, opposite Shruti Haasan, which was released on 19 July 2013.
An ethnic Sindhi, Kumar was signed for the Bollywood romance film Ramaiya Vastavaiya, directed by Prabhu Deva and produced by his father Kumar S. Taurani, who is the managing director of Tips Industries Limited. In order to build the physique required for the film, Kumar had to undergo a strict regimen of training and diet for three years. He had also learned surfing for the film.
Taran Adarsh of Bollywood Hungama commented on his performance: "Girish being a first-timer, there are some rough edges, but the fact is, he's photogenic and goes through the rigmarole with confidence." Sarit Ray of Hindustan Times gave a less favourable review of his portrayal, saying "His dancing, unfortunately is only slightly less stiff than his acting." The film earned little praise from critics and underperformed at the box office. In 2016, Girish played Gaurav in Loveshhuda, a romantic comedy opposite Navneet Kaur Dhillon. The film received unfavorable reviews from critics and was unsuccessful at the box office. He next starred in Collateral Damage, a short film on an archaic practice that exists in villages. The film was released on 29 November 2018 and was screened at many film festivals. Kumar has two upcoming releases in 2019, one being Adhoora opposite Chetna Pande.
|2013||Ramaiya Vastavaiya||Ram||Nominated–Screen Award for Best Male Debut |
Nominated–BIG Star Award for Most Entertaining Actor (Film) Debut – Male
Nominated–Apsara Award for Best Male Debut 
|2018||Collateral Damage||Sameer Singh||Short film|
|TBA||Adhoora||Aditya Kapoor||In process|
|TBA||Stranger Group||TBA||In process|
- "Girish Kumar – Verified FB Page". Facebook. Retrieved 1 February 2019.
- "Girish Taurani New Kid On The Bloc!". Stardust. Archived from the original on 19 August 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Fat to fit: Girish Kumar". Archived from the original on 21 May 2013. Retrieved 5 May 2013.
- "Splashing entry by Girish Kumar in Ramaiya Vastavaiya". Archived from the original on 22 June 2013. Retrieved 5 May 2013.
- Adarsh, Taran (19 July 2013). "Ramaiya Vastavaiya (2013) Movie Review". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- "Tiger Shroff, Chetna Pande and Girish Kumar in Adhoora". Archived from the original on 26 September 2018. Retrieved 7 November 2018.
- "Nominations for 20th Annual Screen Awards". Retrieved 21 January 2014.
- "Nominations for 4th BIG Star Entertainment Awards". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 21 January 2014.
- "Nominations for 9th Renault Star Guild Awards". Retrieved 21 January 2014.
- "'The Breakfast Club' 1985's Comedy English Film to get Hindi Remake". Archived from the original on 1 July 2018. Retrieved 19 August 2019.