Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Developer(s)||Sega Development Division #3|
|Platform(s)||Sega SG-1000, Sega SC-3000, iOS, Android|
|Genre(s)||Action game, dating sim|
Girl's Garden (ガールズガーデン Gāruzu Gāden, "Girl's Garden") is a 1984 video game that was released exclusively in Japan. Developed and published by Sega for their SG-1000 console, the story revolves around a simple country girl named Papri as she attempts to retain the love of her boyfriend. In this respect, Girl's Garden has been cited as an early example of a dating sim. It was the debut work of Sonic creator Yuji Naka.
In order to prevent her boyfriend Minto from going to another little girl named Cocco, Papri must collect ten different flowers and return them to her boyfriend's house. Flowers must be caught in full bloom so that the number of flowers in her possession will increase; catching flowers too early will consider the flowers to be wasted and flowers caught too late will be wilted. Wilted flowers will ruin the bouquet, causing the player to lose half of the flowers.
Bears have a taste for honey and cause the player to lose a heart from the "LOVE" meter if one of them attacks Papri, or if she falls into the water. However, the honey can be dropped in order to render the bear temporarily harmless to the player. Bees appear as the player's ally, giving him or her bonus items occasionally (fruit which would grant bonus points, a bouquet of 5 flowers, a clock that would bring Minto closer to Papri - resetting the level timer, and even a heart that would add an extra heart to his or her "LOVE" meter), extra honey if he or she catches it on a flower.
After every other round, the player competes in a bonus round where she has to jump as many bears as possible to get a good bonus score. Successfully clearing twenty bears results in an additional bonus for performing the bonus stage perfectly.
- "Manufacturer's suggested retail price". Video Game Rebirth. Archived from the original on 2011-07-26. Retrieved 2009-04-10.
- "Release information". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2009-04-01.
- "Designer information". Sonic Retro. Retrieved 2009-04-01.
- GameCenter CX - 2nd Season, Episode 13. Retrieved on 2009-04-04
- "The Making of OutRun". NowGamer. 29 April 2016. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- "Game overview". Movie Tome. Retrieved 2009-04-01.[permanent dead link]
- Moss, Richard (June 2011). "From SimCity to Real Girlfriend: 20 years of sim games". Ars Technica. Retrieved 19 September 2011.
- "Gameplay information". Retro Gamer. Archived from the original on 2009-02-13. Retrieved 2009-04-01.
- "General game information". Bloomer (GameFAQs). Retrieved 2009-04-01.
- "Advanced game overview". TIDQ (GameFAQs). Retrieved 2009-04-01.