Girl Crazy (1997 film)
|Directed by||Richard Dutcher|
|Produced by||Gwen Dutcher
|Written by||Richard Dutcher|
|Music by||Miriam Cutler|
|Edited by||Fran Kaplan|
Main Street Movie Co.
Charlie Horse Prods.
Girl Crazy is a 1997 American comedy film written and directed by Richard Dutcher. Dutcher's first feature film, it was initially shown on HBO's Cinemax service, and never received theatrical distribution.
Tommy McIntosh (Richard Dutcher) was raised by adoring women and he learned to himself adore women. He has a neurotic antipathy toward men. He gets into trouble when Rachel (Linda Bon), the one woman to whom he has professed eternal love finds out he's been sleeping around. To win her back he must learn how to be a man.
Having spent five years in its making, Dutcher admitted that the movie was fluff and "not very good", but said that it gave him the kind of experience in making films that he had not gotten in film school. He also said that his work on this film led him to change course and make God's Army, effectively beginning modern Mormon cinema. Dutcher also stated
My first film, "Girl Crazy", was not very good ... Neither were the early films of Martin Scorcese [sic], Brian DePalma, etc. So much of filmmaking is craft. Craft has to be learned. We're all, hopefully, getting better with each film. That's the goal.
- Richard Dutcher as Tommy
- Linda Bon as Rachel
- Tim Hansen as Tim
- Lisa Manulkin as Lisa
- Kiki Margiotta as Trish
- "Fire Damages Offices of Mormon Filmmaker". Fox News. Associated Press. 31 March 2006. Retrieved 19 February 2010.
- Morrison, Davey. ""Falling": My interview with Richard Dutcher". Examiner.com. Retrieved 19 February 2010.
- "Director profiles: Richard Dutcher". LDS Films. Retrieved 19 February 2010.
- "Richard Dutcher, Mormon moviemaker". Deseret News. 17 June 2001. Retrieved 19 February 2010.
- Dutcher, Richard (11 April 2007). "Richard Dutcher: 'Parting words' on Mormon movies". Daily Herald. Retrieved 19 February 2010.
- Walker, Jonathan (18 February 2001). "Call for a New Mormon Cinema: Richard Dutcher and God's Army". Meridian Magazine. Retrieved 19 February 2010.
- Official website
- Girl Crazy at the Internet Movie Database
- Girl Crazy at the TCM Movie Database
- Girl Crazy at AllMovie
- Film poster
|This film article about a 1990s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|