Girl Scout (film)
|Directed by||Kim Sang-man|
|Produced by||Sim Bo-gyeong|
|Written by||Kim Seok-joo|
|Music by||Kim Sang-man|
|Edited by||Kim Sang-bum
|Distributed by||Lotte Entertainment|
Set in Bongcheon-3 dong, a deprived area in Seoul, four women are struggling financially. They are I-man (Na Moon-hee), a woman in her 60s working at a supermarket to look after her unemployed son; Bong-soon (Lee Kyung-sil), a widow who lives with an ill child; Mi-kyung (Kim Sun-a), a divorcee; and Eun-ji (Go Joon-hee), a caddie. They are determined to raise the money to open up a store in their neighborhood, and it is their sole hope and dream. But things get much worse when Hye-ran (Im Ji-eun), the head of their credit union, runs off with their life savings. Desperate, they create a team called Bong Chon Girl Scouts Troop #3 to recover the stolen money, and chaos ensues.
- Kim Sun-a ... Choi Mi-kyung
- Na Moon-hee ... Lee I-man
- Lee Kyung-sil ... Oh Bong-soon
- Go Joon-hee ... Kang Eun-ji
- Park Won-sang ... Min Hong-gi
- Im Ji-eun ... Seong Hye-ran
- Ryu Tae-joon ... Lee Jong-dae
- Choi Jung-woo ... Director Han
- Park Hyuk-kwon ... Beom-seok
- Kim Hyang-gi ... Yoon-i, Mi-kyeong's daughter
- Jeon Ji-ae ... waitress
- Yang Gi-won ... Lee I-man's son
- Jeong Mi-seong ... supermarket manager
- Yeo Min-goo ... Han-seo Capital employee
- Jeong Se-hyeong ... security employee
Girl Scout was released in South Korea on June 5, 2008, after the postponement of its planned earlier release in April. On its opening weekend it was ranked fifth at the box office, grossing US$855,238 and receiving 163,122 admissions. It eventually grossed US$1,523,142, with total admissions at 249,114.
- "Girl Scout (2008)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2013-05-29.
- Ki, Sun-min (11 June 2008). "No pain, no gain for the streetwise ajumma squad". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2013-05-29.
- Lee, Hyo-won (29 May 2008). "Girl Scouts Showcases Ajumma Power". The Korea Times. Archived from the original on 2014-10-15. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- Yang, Sung-jin (27 May 2008). "Girl Scout short on comedy, long on realism". The Korea Herald via Hancinema. Retrieved 2013-05-29.
- "Where are all the actresses?. Hancinema. 3 April 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- "South Korea Box Office June 6–8, 2008". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- "Theatrical Releases in 2008: Box-Office Admission Results". Koreanfilm.org. Retrieved 2013-05-29.
- Official website (Korean)
- Girl Scout at the Korean Movie Database
- Girl Scout at the Internet Movie Database
- Girl Scout at HanCinema
|This South Korean film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|