Girl Scouts of Taiwan
|Girl Scouts of Taiwan|
|Country||Republic of China|
|President||Kao Chang Ming-Luan|
|Affiliation||World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts|
The Girl Scouts of Taiwan (Chinese: 中華民國台灣女童軍; Hanyu Pinyin: Zhōnghuámínguó Táiwān Nǚtóngjūn; Tongyong Pinyin: Jhōnghuámínguó Táiwān Nyǔtóngjyūn; literally: "Republic of China Taiwan Girl Scouts") is the national Guiding organization of the Republic of China (Taiwan). Girl Scouting was introduced to China in 1919; the association became a member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts in 1963.
The group changed its name from National Girl Scouts Association of the Republic of China to the National Girl Scouts Association of Taiwan in 1999. In 2002, the association opened the Girl Scout Center in Taipei and in 2006, and the organization was renamed the Girl Scouts of Taiwan.
As of 2003, the girls-only organization has 28,105 members.
Programme and ideals
The programme is based on the fundamentals of WAGGGS along with the five Chinese educational themes: moral, physical, intellectual, group and beauty. It focuses on self-training (mentally and physically) to achieve full potential and become responsible citizens in the future.
|小小女童軍||Tadpole Girl Scouts||5～7|
|幼女童軍||Brownie Girl Scouts||7～11|
|蘭姐女童軍||Ranger Girl Scouts||15～17|
|資深女童軍||Senior Girl Scouts||17～21或22|
|蕙質女童軍||Hueychi Girl Scouts||23以上|
The Girl Scout emblem features the Blue Sky with a White Sun.
- On my honor,
- I promise that I will do my best:
- To do my duty to God and My country;
- To help other people at all times;
- To obey the Girl Scout Law.
- A Girl Scout's honor is to be trusted.
- A Girl Scout is loyal.
- A Girl Scout's duty is to be useful and to help others.
- A Girl Scout is a friend to all and a sister to every other Girl Scout.
- A Girl Scout is courteous.
- A Girl Scout is a friend to animals.
- A Girl Scout obeys orders.
- A Girl Scout smiles under all difficulties.
- A Girl Scout is thrifty.
- A Girl Scout is pure in thought, in word and in deed.
- Be Prepared
- Do a good turn daily
- The greatest aim in life is to serve.