Girls' Generation (2007 album)
|Studio album by Girls' Generation|
|Released||November 1, 2007 (see release history)|
|Recorded||December 2006–August 2007|
|Girls' Generation chronology|
|Singles from Girls' Generation|
Cover of the reissue titled Baby Baby
Girls' Generation is the self-titled debut album by South Korean girl group Girls' Generation. It was released by S.M. Entertainment on November 1, 2007. A reissue titled Baby Baby was subsequently released on March 13, 2008. The tour "Girls' Generation Asia Tour Into The New World" was used to promote the album, alongside with music shows promotion before the tour, which started on December 19, 2009 in Olympic Fencing Gymnasium, Seoul, South Korea, ended in Taipei Arena, Taipei, Taiwan on October 17, 2010.
"Into the New World", was initially released as Girls' Generation's debut single, on August 2, 2007. The group started promoting the song on the SBS's music show The Music Trend on August 5, and subsequently had it reached number one on Mnet's M! Countdown on October 11. Over 100,000 copies of the single were sold.
The second single, "Girls' Generation", written and produced by Lee Seung-Chul and Song Jae Jun, was released on November 1, 2007. The song was originally sung by Lee Seung-Chul in the 1980s. The original singer later appeared on KM's M!Countdown with the group to perform the song together. It was also used in episode 76 of You Are My Destiny, a drama that starred Yoona.
In early 2008, Girls' Generation began promoting their third single, "Kissing You". The song won the group their first K-chart win, after achieving the number one position on the KBS's Music Bank February chart. It also achieved the number one spot on three major TV music rankings: SBS's Inkigayo, Mnet's M.Countdown! and KBS's Music Bank. The music video for the song contained scenes of the Making of video of the Girls' Generation MV, and footage of the girls working on their first album.
Within its first month of release, the album sold 49,438 copies and was the 2nd best-selling album of November 2007 in South Korea, only behind Super Junior's Don't Don. In South Korea, the album sold 56,804 copies in 2007, becoming the 12th best-selling album of the year in the country. As of September 2008, the album's total sales figures combined with that of the reissue have exceeded 126,269 units.
|1.||"Girls' Generation" (소녀시대; Sonyeo Sidae)||Lee Seung-Chul||Song Jae Jun||3:50|
|2.||"Ooh La-La!"||Yoon Hyo Sang||Steve Lee||3:54|
|3.||"Baby Baby"||Hwang Seong Je (BJJ), Yoo Jenny||Hwang Seong Je (BJJ)||3:11|
|4.||"Complete"||Jo Yoon Gyung||Jan Lysdahl, Ingrid Skretting||3:56|
|5.||"Kissing You"||Lee Jae Myung||Lee Jae Myung||3:18|
|6.||"Merry-Go-Round"||Kim Jeong Bae||Kenzie||3:14|
|7.||"Tears" (그대를 부르면; Geudaereul Bureumyeol)||Kim Seok Hyeon (Avenue47)||Park Gi Wan (Avenue47)||3:53|
|8.||"Tinkerbell"||Jo Yoon Gyeong||Ingrid Skretting||2:56|
|9.||"7989" (Taeyeon duet with Kangta)||Kangta||Kangta||3:30|
|10.||"Honey" (소원; Sowon)||Kwon Yun Jeong||Ingrid Skretting||3:15|
|11.||"Into the New World" (다시 만난 세계; Dasi Mannan Segye)||Kim Jeong Bae||Kenzie||4:25|
|Baby Baby (Repackage bonus tracks)|
|12.||"Kissing You" (Skool Rock Remix)||3:10|
|13.||"Let's Go Girls' Generation" (long)||9:48|
|14.||"Let's Go Girls' Generation" (short)||6:18|
- B.B.J. – Composer
- Girls' Generation – Primary Artist
- K Strings – Performer, Strings
- Sam Lee – Guitar
- Jan Lysdahl – Composer
- (Korean) "소녀시대, 13일 리패키지 앨범 'Baby Baby' 출시". The Chosun Ilbo. March 12, 2008. Retrieved May 16, 2010.
- SNSD M! Countdown Award YouTube. October 11, 2007. Retrieved February 2, 2010.[attribution needed]
- Girls' Generation, the 1st K-pop girl group to achieve more than 100,000 album copies sold in 6 years, after SES (in Korean) Star.mt.co.kr (April 15, 2008). Retrieved on November 30, 2014.
- "The First Album of Girls' Generation". S.M. Entertainment Co., Ltd. Official website. Retrieved 10 July 2009.
- (Korean) 소녀시대, '대성통곡'은 통사고 때문? (Girls' Generation in a Car Accident Before Music Bank)
- (Korean) 소녀시대, 13일 리패키지 앨범 'Baby Baby' 출시 (Girls' Generation Release Repackaged Album Baby Baby on the 13th). The Chosun Ilbo. March 12, 2008. Retrieved May 16, 2010.
- "November 2007 Best-Selling Albums" (in Korean). Music Recording Industry of Korea. Archived from the original on June 23, 2008.
- "2007 Statistics" (in Korean). Music Recording Industry of Korea. Archived from the original on February 28, 2009.
- "September 2008 Rankings" (in Korean). Music Recording Industry of Korea. Archived from the original on December 3, 2008.
- "Girls Generation album Credit". All Music.
- 愛貝克思官方網站 avex taiwan inc
- 愛貝克思官方網站 avex taiwan inc