Girls Will Be Boys
Girls Will Be Boys is a 1934 British comedy film directed by Marcel Varnel and starring Dolly Haas, Cyril Maude and Esmond Knight. It is based on The Last Lord, a play by Kurt Siodmak. Haas made this, her first English-language film, following a Nazi-led riot at the premiere of her previous film Das häßliche Mädchen, and in 1936 fled Germany altogether.
A young woman dresses up as a boy to fool a wealthy misogynist.
- Dolly Haas - Pat Caverley
- Cyril Maude - Duke of Bridgwater
- Esmond Knight - Geoffrey Dawson
- Irene Vanbrugh - Princess of Ehrenstein
- Edward Chapman - Grey
- Ronald Ward - Bernard
- Charles Paton - Sanders
- Bock, Hans-Michael & Bergfelder, Tim. The Concise Cinegraph: Encyclopaedia of German Cinema. Berghahn Books, 2009.
- Nash, Jay Robert & Ross, Stanley Ralph. The Motion Picture Guide. Cinebooks, 1986.
|This article related to a British comedy film of the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|