Girne American University
|Girne Amerikan Üniversitesi|
|Motto||Discendo Vivimus - We Live Through Learning|
|Chancellor||Mr. Serhat Akpinar|
|Vice-Chancellor||Assoc. Prof. Dr. Asim Vehbi|
|Rector||Prof. Dr. Kutsal Öztürk|
|Location||Kyrenia, North Cyprus|
Girne American University (Turkish: Girne Amerikan Üniversitesi) is a university in Kyrenia, a city in the northern area of Cyprus. The university was founded in 1985 by Mr. Serhat Akpinar as an institution of American-style higher education.
- 1 Faculties
- 2 Research Centers
- 3 International Academic Organizations
- 4 GAU Journal of Social and Applied Science
- 5 Notable alumni
- 6 Affiliations
- 7 References
- 8 External links
- Faculty of Engineering includes 7 departments; Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Energy Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Automotive Engineering.
- Faculty of Business & Economics
- Faculty of Architecture, Design and Fine Arts: established in 1985, the Faculty has 4 departments including Department of Architecture, Department of Interior Design, Department of Graphic Design and Department of Painting. The Faculty has been announced as one of the top 10 Architecture Faculties in Turkey and North Cyprus by Mimari Medya (Architecture Media Network) in 2013. The master programme in Construction Management has been chosen as one of the best 100 master programmes in the world by Eduniversal in 2012 and 2013.
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Communication
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Graduate School of Science & Technology (Engineering Master & PhD Programs)
- Graduate School of Social Sciences (Master & PhD Programs)
- School of Applied Sciences
- Marine School
- Nursing School
- 'School of Sport and Recreation
- School of the Performing Arts
Research Centre for Applied Science, Engineering and Technology
International Center for Heritage Studies (ICHS)
The International Center for Heritage Studies (ICHS) is a research and design center founded within the Faculty of Architecture, Design and Fine Arts (established since 2012) and is working on historical, landscape and archaeological research and the restoration project for the Acheiropoietos Monastery in Cyprus.
International Academic Organizations
The annual International Symposium on Engineering, Artificial Intelligence and Applications (ISEAIA) is a platform for researchers, practitioners, developers and educators to share their experiences in the fields of engineering, artificial intelligence and their applicationsin .
CAUMME, Contemporary Architecture and Urbanism in the Mediterranean and the Middle-East, is a series of conferences organized by AUMME. The 2nd CAUMME Conference organized by Girne American University, Yildiz Technical University and Qatar University in 2014. The organization of a biennial international symposium in different areas of architecture and urbanism constitutes the main academic activity of CAUMME series of conferences. The first CAUMME international symposium was held in 2012 at Yildiz Technical University. The main motivation of the second CAUMME international symposium was on the concept of Post-Professionalism.
GAU Journal of Social and Applied Science
Some of them are:
- Nazım Çavuşoğlu, M.A., Member of Parliament, Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
- Özcan Can, Former Member of Istanbul Metropolitan City Council, Turkey 
- Ömer Tuğsal Doruk, PhD in P., Lecturer at Üsküdar University, Turkey, and the author of 'Shadow Banking and Turkey' book.
- Gossy Ukanwoke, Founder of Beni American University and Students Circle Network
- Sezer Yalçınkaya, Member of Çorum City Council,
- Gossy Ukanwoke
- About Students Circle Network
- Tüm Uyeler. kunib.com