Giro Commercial Bank
|C. J. Gidoomal
|Revenue||US$4.375 million (KES:378.05 million) (2013)|
|Total assets||US$157.67 million (KES:13.623 billion) (2013)|
Giro Commercial Bank (GCB), whose full name is Giro Commercial Bank Limited, is a commercial bank in Kenya, the largest economy in the East African Community. It is licensed by the Central Bank of Kenya, the central bank and national banking regulator.
As of December 2013[update], the total asset base of Giro Commercial Bank was valued at approximately US$157.67 million (KES:13.623 billion), with shareholders' equity of approximately US$24.15 million (KES:2.086 billion). Then, the bank held US$132.6 million (KES:11.457 billion), in customer deposits. At that time, the bank was ranked number 29 out of 43 licensed banks in Kenya, then.
In market share, Giro Commercial Bank was ranked 27 out of 44 banks with a share of 0.49 per cent as at December 2014.
The bank was established as Giro Bank Limited in 1992. In 1998, Giro Bank merged with Commercial Bank Limited, to form Giro Commercial Bank Limited. The stock of the bank is privately owned by individuals and institutions.
- Head Office - Giro House, Eldama Park, Nairobi
- Banda Street Branch - Hughes Building, Banda Street, Nairobi
- Industrial Area Branch - Dunga Road, Industrial Area, Nairobi
- Kisumu Branch - Giro House, Oginga Odinga Road, Kisumu
- Mombasa Branch - Pan Africa House, Moi Avenue, Mombasa
- Parklands Branch - 3rd Parklands Avenue, Ridge Court, Parklands, Nairobi
- Westlands Branch - Bandari Plaza, Woodvale Grove, Westlands, Nairobi.
- CBK, . "Directory of Commercial Banks And Mortgage Finance Companies" (PDF). Central Bank of Kenya (CBK). Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- CBK, . "Audited 31 December 2013 Annual Report And Financial Statements" (PDF). Central Bank of Kenya (CBK). Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- Bankelele, . (28 April 2014). "Kenya Bank Rankings By Assets In 2013". Bankelele.Co.Ke. Retrieved 9 August 2014.
- Mwaniki, Charles (2015-09-07). "I&M Holdings in deal to acquire Giro Bank". Business Daily Africa. Nation Media Group. Retrieved 2015-09-07.
- CBK, . "Mergers And Acquisitions Among Kenyan Commercial Banks From 1989 Until 2010". Central Bank of Kenya (CBK). Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- GCB, . "The History of Giro Commercial Bank". Giro Commercial Bank (GCB). Retrieved 9 August 2014.
- GCBL, . "The Branches of Giro Commercial Bank Limited". Giro Commercial Bank Limited (GCBL). Retrieved 9 August 2014.