Giuseppe Gentile (soccer)
|Full name||Giuseppe Vincenzo Gentile|
|Date of birth||October 18, 1992|
|Place of birth||Miami, Florida, United States|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2008–2010||Charlotte Soccer Academy|
|2014||→ Charlotte Eagles (loan)||11||(1)|
|2014||San Antonio Scorpions||3||(0)|
|2015||→ San Antonio Scorpions (loan)||16||(2)|
|2016||Fort Lauderdale Strikers||9||(1)|
|2017–||Puerto Rico FC||17||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of June 14, 2017.
After three seasons at UNC Charlotte, Gentile left college early and signed an MLS contract on January 22, 2014. Two days later, he was acquired by Chicago Fire through the waiver draft. On April 10, Gentile was loaned to USL Pro club Charlotte Eagles. He made his professional debut two days later in a 2–1 victory over Richmond Kickers.
After his release from Chicago, Gentile signed with USL Pro club Orlando City on July 11, 2014. He was released upon the conclusion of the 2014 season, a casualty of the club's transition to Major League Soccer. Gentile subsequently signed with San Antonio Scorpions of the North American Soccer League in September 2014.
During the NASL's midseason break on June 24, 2015, it was announced the Gentile would be returning to San Antonio on a loan deal.
On July 8, 2016 Gentile was traded by Fort Lauderdale to the Ottawa Fury in exchange for Brazilian winger Paulo Jr. In December 2016 the club announced, that Gentile wouldn't continue in the club.
- Borg, Simon (22 January 2014). "Giuseppe Gentile and Christiano Francois sign MLS contracts, available via Waiver Draft". MLSsoccer.com. Major League Soccer. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "Chicago Fire Soccer Club Acquires Giuseppe Gentile Through MLS Waiver Draft". Chicago Fire. Chicago Fire Communications. 24 January 2014. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "Chicago Fire Loans Forward Giuseppe Gentile to USL PRO Side Charlotte Eagles". Chicago Fire. Chicago Fire Communications. 10 April 2014. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "Herrera Lifts Eagles Past Kickers". USLsoccer.com. United Soccer Leagues. 12 April 2014. Archived from the original on 15 April 2014. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- Radcliffe, Jeff (16 September 2014). "13 Orlando City players released as part of Major League Soccer transition". Bright House Sports Network. Retrieved 22 December 2014.
- "Forward Giuseppe Gentile Returns to San Antonio". San Antonio Scorpions. 24 June 2015. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- "Fury FC acquire striker Giuseppe Gentile in trade with Fort Lauderdale". Ottawa Fury FC. Archived from the original on 8 August 2016. Retrieved 8 July 2016.
- "FURY FC WOULD LIKE TO THANK NON-RETURNING PLAYERS". ottawafuryfc.com. Retrieved 18 December 2016.
|This biographical article related to an American soccer forward is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|