Give It Away (George Strait song)
|"Give It Away"|
|Single by George Strait|
|from the album It Just Comes Natural|
|Released||July 8, 2006|
|Format||CD single, digital download|
|George Strait singles chronology|
"Give It Away" is a song performed by American country music artist George Strait, written by Jamey Johnson, Bill Anderson and Buddy Cannon. It was released in July 2006 as the lead single from the album It Just Comes Natural.
The song became Strait's 41st No. 1 single on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart, setting a new record for most No. 1 singles on that chart. Previously, Conway Twitty held that record with 40 number-one singles.
At the Academy of Country Music awards in 2007, "Give It Away" won both the Single of the Year and Song of the Year awards; the song also won Song of the Year honors at the Country Music Association Awards the same year. "Give It Away" received a nomination for Best Male Country Vocal Performance at the 2008 Grammy Awards.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||35|
|US Billboard Pop 100||47|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||14|
"Brand New Girlfriend"
by Steve Holy
|Billboard Hot Country Songs
September 30 - October 7, 2006
"Would You Go with Me"
by Josh Turner
- "Chart Beat". Retrieved 8 June 2017.
- "Top News, Latest headlines, Latest News, World News & U.S News - UPI.com". UPI. Retrieved 8 June 2017.[permanent dead link]
- [dead link]
- Billboard, October 7, 2006
- "George Strait Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "George Strait Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Best of 2006: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2006. Retrieved July 10, 2012.
|This 2000s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|