Giza Governorate on the map of Egypt
|• Governor||Ahmed Rashed Mustafa Atifi|
|• Total||85,153 km2 (32,878 sq mi)|
|Population (January 2018)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
Giza Governorate (Egyptian Arabic: محافظة الجيزة Muḥāfẓet El Giza) is one of the governorates of Egypt. It is in the center of the country, situated on the west bank of the Nile River opposite Cairo. Its capital is the city of Giza. It includes a stretch of the left bank of the Nile Valley around Giza, and acquired a large stretch of Egypt's Western Desert, including Bahariya Oasis when the 6th of October Governorate was merged into it on 14 April 2011. The Giza Governorate is also home to the Great Sphinx and the Pyramids of Giza.
According to population estimates from 2018 the majority of residents in the governorate live in urban areas, with an urbanization rate of 58.6%. Out of an estimated 7,585,115 people residing in the governorate, 4,446,805 people lived in urban areas as opposed to only 3,138,310 in rural areas. 
According to the Egyptian Governing Authority for Investment and Free Zones (GAFI), in affiliation with the Ministry of Investment (MOI), the following industrial zones are located in this governorate:
- Abu Rawash industrial zone and its expansions
- Al Wahat heavy industrial zone
- (New urban community industrial zone) 6th of October
In 1981, the Basic Village Service Program (BVS), under the auspices of USAID, had several water, and road projects, going on in several markazes in the Giza Governorate.
In a program that began on August 28, 2012 (through 2018), the European Union invested 40 million Euros on upgrading the infrastructure of informal areas in Giza Governorate.
- "الجهاز المركزي للتعبئة العامة والإحصاء". www.capmas.gov.eg. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- "رسمياً.. المحافظون الجدد ونوابهم يؤدون اليمين الدستورية أمام الرئيس". Almasry Alyoum (in Arabic). 30 August 2018.
- "EGYPT Administrative Division". Citypopulation.de. 2012-01-08. Archived from the original on February 20, 2014. Retrieved June 1, 2012.
- "State Information Services Population". sis.gov.eg. Archived from the original on 2014-08-19.
- "Population Estimates By Sex & Governorate 1/1/2015" (PDF). CAPMAS. Archived (PDF) from the original on 19 October 2015. Retrieved 23 October 2016.
- "Investment Regimes, Industrial Zones of Governorate". Ministry of Investment Egypt. Retrieved 30 October 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "Egypt: The Basic Village Services Program" (PDF). USAID. Archived (PDF) from the original on 19 October 2016. Retrieved 19 October 2016.
- "Upgrading Informal Areas in the Greater Cairo Region". European Union External Action. Archived from the original on 2017-01-02.
Media related to Giza Governorate at Wikimedia Commons