Neighborhood in Trondheim
View of the NTNU Gløshaugen from the air
|Elevation||45 m (148 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
Gløshaugen is a neighborhood in the city of Trondheim in Trøndelag county, Norway. It is located in the borough of Lerkendal, approximately 2 kilometres (1.2 mi) southeast of Midtbyen, the downtown center of Trondheim. It is situated east of the neighborhood of Elgeseter, west of Singsaker, and north of Lerkendal.
Gløshaugen is the site of NTNU Gløshaugen, the main campus and buildings of the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). It was the previously the site of the Norwegian Institute of Technology (NTH) which became a part of the NTNU merger. Most of the university science and engineering buildings are located at Gløshaugen.
- "Gløshaugen, Trondheim (Trøndelag)". yr.no. Retrieved 2018-03-19.
- Knut A Rosvold. "Gløshaugen". Store norske leksikon. Retrieved 2016-01-25.
- "Gløshaugen – the main science and technology campus". NTNU Campuses. Retrieved 2016-01-25.
- Tor Ivar Hansen. "NTNU". Store norske leksikon. Retrieved 2016-10-01.
- "Gløshaugen Campus". NTNU. Retrieved 2016-12-01.