Gladrags Manhunt and Megamodel Contest
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The winners of Gladrags Manhunt and MegaModel 2008
Best Model of the World
Miss Tourism International
Gladrags is an Indian magazine which features modeling and related events. Every year they conduct the Manhunt and Megamodel Contest, a unisex pageant in India. At the contest the most appealing male and female models are selected as winner and runners-up and the magazine promotes them.
The current winners of Gladrags Manhunt and Megamodel India are 21 year old Ansh Duggal of New Delhi and Karuna Singh of Chandigarh.
They first conduct a round of selection from the regions and then post all the elimination rounds for the final contestants. The group undergoes training including physical fitness, grooming, catwalk, diction and speech.
Gladrags Manhunt Contest
The first Gladrags Manhunt Contest India was held in 1994, Rajat Bedi of Punjab was the first winner. He represented India at Manhunt International 1994 held in Greece and was awarded 4th Runner Up in the finale.
In 2001, Rajeev Singh of Rajasthan became the first Asian and Indian to win the Manhunt International contest. He also won two sub-awards at the contest including Sharmoon Best Dressed Gentleman Award and Best in National Costume. After his victory he established himself in the Indian fashion industry as a successful model.
India has produced many runners-up at the pageant, most notably Dino Morea, Zulfi Syed and John Abraham, all of whom have since established themselves in the Bollywood industry. The contest has also given India some of the finest models ever seen by Indian fashion industry like supermodel Muzamil Ibrahim, actor and model Sidharth Shukla, model Farhad Shahnawaz, actor and model Abhimanyu Jain, 4th runner up Manhunt International 2006 and Arry Dabas, semifinalist in 2012. Other notable winners include Romeo Gates, Ahran Chaudhary and Ravi Awana.
In 2005, Sidharth Shukla, runner-up of Gladrags Manhunt 2004, represented India at the Best Model Of The World contest held in Turkey and became the first Indian to win the title. Later Shukla became a famous model in India and star in the Indian film industry.
Winners of Gladrags Manhunt India
|1994||Kelly Dorji, Rishabh Loomba, Rajat Bedi||Punjab|
|2003||Muzamil Ibrahim||Jammu and Kashmir|
|2004||Hrishant Goswami||New Delhi|
|2008||Karan Ambardar||New Delhi|
|2010||Aaran Chaudhary||Uttar Pradesh|
|2011-12||Sam Kapoor||London, UK|
|2013-14||Ravi Awana||Uttar Pradesh|
|2016-17||Ansh Duggal||New Delhi|
Representatives to Manhunt International
- The winner of the Gladrags Manhunt represents India at Manhunt International, but if for any reason the winner is unable to compete then a runner up is sent to the pageant.
Best National Costume
|2010||Ahran Chaudhary||Uttar Pradesh|
|2014||Gaurav Kumar||New Delhi|
Representatives to Best Model of the World
- The winner of the Gladrags Manhunt represents India at the Best Model of the World contest, but if for any reason the winner is unable to compete then a runner up is sent to the pageant.
Photographs of some notable winners of Gladrags Manhunt Contest
Muzammil Ibrahim, Gladrags Manhunt India 2003
Sidharth Shukla, Best Model of the World 2005 and Gladrags Best Model 2004 runner-up
Gladrags Megamodel Contest
Lara Dutta later established herself as a leading Bollywood actress.
|1994||Shweta Menon||1.69 m (5 ft 6 1⁄2 in)||Kerala||India|
|1995||Lara Dutta||16||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)||Karnataka||India|
|1996||Aditi Gowitrikar||22||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)||Maharashtra||India|
|1997-98||Tora Khasigar||17||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)||Assam||India|
|1999||Aanchal Kumar||19||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)||Punjab||India|
|2000||Candice Pinto||19||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)||Maharashtra||India|
|2001||Koena Mitra||16||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)||Maharashtra||India|
|2002||Mugdha Godse||16||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)||Mahashrta||India|
|2003||Deepti Gujral||17||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)||Maharashtra||India|
|2004||Deepa Chari||19||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)||Maharashtra||India|
|2005||Niki D Souza||20||1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)||Maharashtra||India|
|2006||Arti Sharma||23||1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)||Haryana||India|
|2007||Mahima Chaudhary||17||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)||Pune||India|
|2008||Payal Tarafdar||20||1.71 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)||Assam||India|
|2009||Ankita Mohapatra||23||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)||Odisha||India|
|2010||Arshina Trivedi||21||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)||London||United Kingdom|
|2011-12||Sakshi Chaudhary||19||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)||New Delhi||India|
|2013-14||Charlotte Claire||23||1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)||Mumbai||India|
Representatives to Miss Intercontinental
- The winner of Gladrags Megamodel represented India at Miss Intercontinental from 1997 to 2003.
- Earlier Femina Teen Princess held the franchise of Miss Intercontinental pageant in India.
- From 2011, Indian Princess holds the franchise of Miss Intercontinental in India.
Representatives to Miss Tourism International
- The winner of the Gladrags Megamodel contest represented India at Miss Tourism International contest, but if for any reason the winner was unable to compete then a runner up was sent to the pageant.
- Earlier Femina Miss India held the franchise of Miss Tourism International pageant in India.
- From 2011 Indian Princess holds the franchise of Miss Tourism International in India.
|2002||Tejinder Kaur||New Delhi|
|2009||Anousha Chauhan||New Delhi|
Representatives to Miss Tourism Queen International
Miss Charm - 2nd Runner Up
Best Evening Gown - 2nd Runner Up
Representatives to Miss Tourism Queen of the Year International
|2004||Amanpreet Kaur Wahi||Punjab|
Representatives to Best Model of the World
- The winner of the Gladrags Megamodel contest represented India at Best Model of the World contest, but if for any reason the winner was unable to compete then a runner up was sent to the pageant.
|2001||Zinobia Boocha||New Delhi|
- "Romeo Gates, Mahima Chaudhary win Gladrags Megamodel and Manhunt Contest". oneindia.com. Retrieved 24 Jan 2014.