Gladstone station (NJ Transit)
Gladstone, New Jersey
|Owned by||New Jersey Transit|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Passengers (2017)||121 (average weekday)|
Gladstone station in April 1970.
|Location||Gladstone, New Jersey|
|Area||1 acre (0.4 ha)|
|Architectural style||Queen Anne|
|MPS||Operating Passenger Railroad Stations TR|
|NRHP reference #||84002792|
|Added to NRHP||June 22, 1984|
|Designated NJRHP||March 17, 1984|
Gladstone is a New Jersey Transit station in Peapack-Gladstone, Somerset County, New Jersey, United States. It is the western terminus of the Gladstone Branch of the Morris and Essex line. A yard is to the east of the station.
The original 1891 wood station and freight station remains in service. The head house has been on the state and federal registers of historic places since 1984, listed as part of the Operating Passenger Railroad Stations Thematic Resource.
The station has a 4-car high-level side platform platform and ADA ramp.
|Street level||Station building, ticket machine and parking|
|Side platform, doors will open on the left or right|
|Track 1||← Gladstone Branch termination track|
Gladstone Branch toward Summit, Hoboken or New York (Peapack) →
- List of New Jersey Transit stations
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Somerset County, New Jersey
- Stuart, Sandy (April 26, 1990). "Competing Railroads Pulled Into Peapack 100 Years Ago Last week". The Bernardsville News. p. 3. Retrieved October 4, 2017 – via Newspapers.com.
- "QUARTERLY RIDERSHIP TRENDS ANALYSIS" (PDF). New Jersey Transit. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 27, 2012. Retrieved January 4, 2013.
- "How Many Riders Use NJ Transit's Hoboken Train Station?". Hoboken Patch. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places - Somerset County" (PDF). New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection - Historic Preservation Office. March 1, 2011. p. 12. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 24, 2012. Retrieved February 3, 2013.
- Monmouth County Listings, National Register of Historic Places. Accessed September 2, 2007.
- Gladstone New Jersey Transit Railroad Station Survey
- Somerset County Listings on the National Register of Historic Places (Building #84002792)
- Media related to Gladstone (NJT station) at Wikimedia Commons
|This New Jersey train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|