Glam in 2014
Glam (Hangul: 글램) was a South Korean girl group that debuted in 2012 under the management of Big Hit Entertainment and Source Music. The group consisted of five members: Zinni, Trinity, Jiyeon, Dahee, and Miso. Glam disbanded in 2015 after a court found Dahee guilty of blackmailing actor Lee Byung-hun.
Before officially debuting, Glam was featured on 2AM's song "Just Me," from the boy band's 2010 album, Saint o'Clock. Glam and BTS were also featured artists on Lee Hyun's song "Bad Girl," from the singer's 2011 album, You Are Best of My Life.
2012–2013: Debut, singles, and departure of Trinity
On July 16, 2012, Glam officially debuted with the release of their first single, "Party (XXO)." Later that year, they released the song, "The Person I Miss," for the soundtrack of the Korean drama, Five Fingers.
On December 31, Big Hit Entertainment announced that Trinity was leaving the group due to personal reasons, and that Glam would continue as a four-member group.
On January 2, 2013, Glam released their second single, "I Like That," which sampled the song "Why Do You" by Chuli and Miae. On March 15, Glam made their second comeback of the year with the single, "In Front of the Mirror," which combined genres including Europop, trot, and hip hop.
2014–2015: Dahee blackmail scandal and disbandment
On September 2, 2014, the actor Lee Byung-hun accused two women of blackmailing him by using a compromising video as leverage. Dahee and model Lee Ji-yeon were later identified as the women and were charged with blackmailing the actor for 5 billion won. On January 15, 2015, the Seoul District Court sentenced Dahee to one year in prison. The same day, Glam's agency confirmed that the members of the group had ended their contracts with the agency, and the group had officially disbanded.
On March 26, the Seoul District Court gave Dahee a two-year suspended sentence instead of jail time.
- Zinni (Hangul: 지니)
- Trinity (트리니티)
- Dahee (다희)
- Miso (미소)
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Sales (DL)|
|"I Like That"||2013||57||54||
|"In Front of the Mirror" (거울앞에서)||37||47||
|"Give It 2 U"||2014||—||79||N/A|
|"—" denotes release did not chart.|
|"The Person I Miss" (그리운 사람)||2012||Five Fingers OST|
|"Just Me" (바로 나야)
2AM feat. Glam
Lee Hyun feat. Glam & BTS
|2011||You Are the Best of My Life|
|2012||Real Music Drama: GLAM||Themselves||SBS MTV|
- Lee, Eun-jeong (January 15, 2015). "이병헌 협박한 가수 소속된 걸그룹 글램 해체". Yonhap News (in Korean). Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- Han, Je-hui (June 6, 2012). "빅히트, 글램 멤버 공개…이미소·지니 등장 '이목 집중'". JoongAng Ilbo (in Korean). Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- Kim, Hyung Woo (January 15, 2015). "GLAM Officially Disbands Following Da Hee′s Trials". Newsen. Translation by Grace Danbi Hong. Archived from the original on March 3, 2016. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- Jeon, Je-hun (September 2, 2014). "이병헌 협박 혐의 걸 그룹 글램 다희..누구?". Star News (in Korean). Retrieved November 2, 2018.
- "방시혁 걸그룹 '글램' 4명으로 재출격". The Chosun Ilbo (in Korean). December 31, 2012. Retrieved November 2, 2018.
- Hwang, Won-jun (January 1, 2013). "'뮤뱅' 글램, 들을수록 끌리는 중독 100% 무대 '아이 라이크 댓'". Asia Economy Daily (in Korean). Retrieved November 2, 2018.
- I, Geun-jun (March 15, 2013). "글램, '거울앞에서' 신고식… '독특 안무' 눈길". Asia Economy Daily (in Korean). Retrieved November 2, 2018.
- "이병헌 협박 가수, 글램 다희에 "첫 경험이 언제냐"…가벼운 음담패설?". TV Daily. September 3, 2014. Retrieved November 2, 2018.
- Shin, Na-ri (January 15, 2015). "이병헌 협박 혐의 이지연-다희 실형 선고…법원 "연인 아니다"". The Dong-a Ilbo (in Korean). Archived from the original on January 15, 2015. Retrieved November 2, 2018.
- "2 Women Get Suspended Sentences for Blackmailing Lee Byung-hun". The Chosun Ilbo. March 27, 2015. Retrieved November 2, 2018.
- "Gaon Digital Chart". Gaon (in Korean). Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- "K-Pop Hot 100". Billboard. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- Sales of "Party (XXO)":
- Cumulative sales of "I Like That":
- Cumulative sales of "In Front of the Mirror":