|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Richard Pootmans|
|• Total||1.9 km2 (0.7 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,140 m (3,740 ft)|
|• Average Income||$51,192|
|Website||Glamorgan Community Association|
Glamorgan is a residential neighbourhood in the south-west quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is bounded by Richmond Road to the north, by 37 Street W to the east, Glenmore Trail to the south and Sarcee Trail to the west.
Glamorgan was established in 1958. It is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 6 councillor. Provincially, the community is part of Calgary Elbow, the current MLA being Alison Redford, who was elected in the 2008 Alberta general election. The current MP is Joan Crockatt.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $51,192 in 2000, and there were 55.9% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 15.9% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 30.8% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 37.1% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by Glamorgan Elementary public school and St. Andrew Elementary School (catholic).
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Glamorgan Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-14.
- Legislative Assembly of Alberta. "Alison Redford". Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 6 Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-14.
|Signal Hill||Rutland Park|
|Discovery Ridge||Glenmore Trail||Lincoln Park|