|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Jeffrey Davison|
|• Total||1.9 km2 (0.7 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,140 m (3,740 ft)|
|• Average Income||$51,192|
|Website||Glamorgan Community Association|
Glamorgan is a residential neighbourhood in the southwest quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is bounded by Richmond Road to the north, by 37 Street W to the east, Glenmore Trail to the south and Sarcee Trail to the west.
Glamorgan was established in 1958. It is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 6 councillor. Provincially, the community is part of Calgary Elbow, the current MLA being Greg Clark, who was elected in the 2015 Alberta general election. The current MP is Ron Liepert.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $51,192 in 2000, and there were 55.9% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 15.9% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 30.8% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 37.1% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by Glamorgan Elementary public school and St. Andrew Elementary School (Catholic).
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. 2017. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Glamorgan Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-14.[permanent dead link]
- Legislative Assembly of Alberta. "Greg Clark". Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 6 Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-14.[permanent dead link]