|Single by The Guess Who|
|from the album #10|
|Label||Nimbus 9 Records 0977 (CAN)|
RCA Victor 0977 (US)
|The Guess Who singles chronology|
"Glamour Boy" is a song written by Burton Cummings and performed by The Guess Who, and was featured on their 1973 album, #10. It was inspired by David Bowie and reached #14 in Canada in 1973. The song was also released in the United States as a single, but it did not chart.
Burton Cummings on "Glamour Boy" in 2016.
One of my all time favourites. It was originally inspired by David Bowie, and now that he's gone I can kinda do it as a tribute to his amazing career. I was very threatened ... I felt very threatened when David Bowie came along, because it all changed. Music took second or third place to the appearance, and then theatrics came into Rock n Roll...
- The Guess Who, "Glamour Boy" Canadian Chart Position Archived 2015-02-11 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved March 12, 2015
- The Guess Who, "Glamour Boy" United States single release Retrieved March 12, 2015
- "Burton Cummings - Glamour Boy fan request tribute to David Bowie Grand Theatre Kingston Oct 12 2016". youtube.
- The Guess Who, "Glamour Boy" Canadian single release Retrieved March 12, 2015
- Internet Movie Database - Last Night (1998) Retrieved May 14, 2019