Glamour of the Kill
Glamour of the Kill
Lead singer Davey Richmond performing at Breakout Festival, 2014
|Also known as||GOTK|
|Origin||York, England, United Kingdom|
|Genres||Post-hardcore, metalcore, heavy metal|
|Years active||2007–2015, 2016; 2018–present|
|Labels||Siege of Amida|
"Glamour of the Kill" were formed in January 2007. They take their name from a line in a He Is Legend track - I Am Hollywood. The band's mainstream popularity was assisted by a 10/10 Metal Hammer review for their debut demo EP Through the Dark They March. This led to tours with Bullet for My Valentine, Darkest Hour and Avenged Sevenfold.
They have cited major influences as Iron Maiden, Metallica, Slayer, Pantera, Megadeth, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, The Misfits, Black Flag, The Ramones, Nirvana, Sepultura, As I Lay Dying, Killswitch Engage, and Korn.
In 2008, the band licensed their debut release with independent label Siege of Amida Records. The self-titled Glamour of the Kill contained a re-recorded version of the previous EP's popular track 'Rise From Your Grave'. This EP was also given high ratings from critics throughout the UK. They were also a part of the Main Stage at the years Download Festival.
2009 saw the band support the likes of Escape The Fate and Wednesday 13 as well as making as this, GOTK played at the UK leg of Sonisphere, a European festival Headlined by Metallica and Linkin Park. This later lead to the band touring with DragonForce in the UK in the winter of 2009. The track A Hope In Hell was also featured on the game Dirt 2.
2010 has already seen the band playing Eurosonic Festival, the Netherlands, a massive 38 date headline UK tour with support from Yashin titled "In For The Kill". The band have also appeared at Powerfest, Amsterdam, they also played the Red Bull stage at Download Festival 2010.
On 28 October 2010 The band announced their first studio album "The Summoning". A statement from the band via email to the G.O.L.D Members read "We are very happy to announce that our debut album "The Summoning" will be hitting all stores across Europe on 24 January 2011.
Special Pre-order packages will be available with exclusive bonus content as well as additional exclusive songs! More info on that coming soon."
On 13 November 2010 the band released the video for the first single off the upcoming album: "Feeling Alive". The video then went on to become an exclusive on Kerrang! - becoming Video of the Week.
The Summoning (2011)
On 24 January 2011, Glamour of the Kill released their first full studio album - The Summoning. This album was supported by a 29-date tour of the UK, starting on 17 February at The Lamp in Hull, with the final date on 2 April; when the band played The Cockpit in Leeds. They continued their presence in the Dirt video game series, with "Feeling Alive" being on the soundtrack of Dirt 3.
From 5 October 2011 Glamour of the Kill will be one of the support acts for Forever The Sickest Kids UK tour along with Decade and Action Item. They played in Norwich, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow, Cardiff, Portsmouth and London. The tour ended on 13 October in London.
For the first time, Glamour of the Kill played their full debut album in its entirety in Manchester, Newcastle, York and Leicester from 15 to 18 December.
The band opened for We Came as Romans and Alesana along with Iwrestledabearonce across Europe and the UK in Jan/Feb. They then joined a European tour with Yashin and Dear Superstar across Europe in March/April. They were then added as the local support for the Newcastle date of the 2012 Jägermeister Music Tour, supporting Skindred, Therapy? and Black Spiders. The event was performed at the O2 Academy in Newcastle upon Tyne on Thursday 12 April 2012. Shortly after the band signed to eOne Entertainment Music worldwide. October/November saw the band fly out for their first tour of the USA on the Inked Music Tour along with Alesana, In Fear and Faith, Vampires Everywhere and This or the Apocalypse. Nov/Dec Band enter the studio to work on their second full-length album with Producer Joey Sturgis and engineer Nick Scott.
On 16 July, the first single off the bands upcoming second album "Savages", was released, the track entitled "Break."
On 3 September, their new music video "Second Chance" came out on frontarmy.com
In March and April 2014, the band toured as main support for Heaven's Basement on their Welcome Home Tour.
On 22 July 2015 the band announced splitting up due to not being able to afford to record and tour.
On March 17th, 2018, the band officially announced their comeback. On October 23th, 2018, the band released a new single called "Fire Fight" from the new upcoming album "Resurrection".
- Davey Richmond – lead vocals, bass (2007–2015; 2018–)
- Mike Kingswood – lead guitar, backing vocals (2007–2015; 2018–)
- Chris Gomerson – rhythm guitar, backing vocals (2007–2015; 2018–)
- Ben Thomson – drums, backing vocals (2007–2015; 2018–)
- Studio albums
- The Summoning (2011)
- Savages (2013)
- Resurrection (2019)
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (October 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- "Glamour of the Kill". Last.fm. Retrieved 2008-07-02.
- "Glamour of the Kill Announce Their Debut Release". Metal Hammer. Future Publishing Limited. 7 May 2008. Archived from the original on 4 June 2011. Retrieved 2008-07-02.
- Haynes, Rob (28 July 2008). "Berserker metal from Glamour of the Kill". Metro. Associated Newspapers Limited. Retrieved 2009-01-17.
- Smirke, Richard (31 July 2008). "Five questions for Glamour of the Kill". Metro. Associated Newspapers Limited. Retrieved 2009-01-17.
- Pain, Andrew (1 August 2008). "Glamour clamour". Evening Gazette. Gazette Media Company Limited. Retrieved 2009-02-09.
- "Glamour of the Kill : Through The Dark They March". The Talk Magazine. July 2007. Archived from the original on 20 August 2008. Retrieved 2009-02-09.
- Wade, R L (August 2008). "Architects + Glamour of the Kill + Edmund Kemper - Fibbers - 10/07/07". The Talk Magazine. Archived from the original on 20 August 2008. Retrieved 2009-02-09.
- "Glamour Of The Kill: "It Is With Heavy Hearts We Must Bid You All Farewell"". Kerrang!. 23 July 2015. Retrieved 2015-10-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Glamour of the Kill.|