Map of Sarangani with Glan highlighted
|Region||SOCCSKSARGEN (Region XII)|
|• Mayor||Victor James "Tata" B. Yap|
|• Vice Mayor||Vivien Yap|
|• Total||610.30 km2 (235.64 sq mi)|
|Elevation||30 m (100 ft)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||190/km2 (500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)83|
|Income class||1st municipal income class|
|Electorate||59,434 voters as of 2016|
|Languages||Cebuano, Filipino, English|
Glan is located on the west by Sarangani Bay, on the north by Davao Occidental, and on the south by the Celebes Sea. It is largely based on agriculture with a high level production of copra. Aquaculture is the second biggest income earner, notably milkfish and shrimps culture. Other agricultural products are coconuts, maize, sugarcane, bananas, pineapples, mangoes, pork, eggs, beef, and fish.
The economy has accelerated in the past decade driven by advances in global communication technology and the finishing of a modern highway that tremendously improved trade and transport.
After the surrender of all regular forces in the Philippines in 1942, Glan was apparently not occupied for some time by the Japanese. On May 2, 1943, 170 Japanese and supporting forces landed. These landings were fiercely contested by guerrilla forces, who, outnumbered and outgunned, retreated from the area.
- Big Margus
- E. Alegado
- Glan Padidu
- New Aklan
- Rio Del Pilar
- San Jose
- San Vicente
- Small Margus
|Population census of Glan|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 11 September 2013. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "Province: SARANGANI". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region XII (Soccsksargen)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Kent Holmes, Wendell Fertig and His Guerrilla Forces in the Philippines: Fighting the Japanese Occupation, 1942-1945 (Jefferson, N.C.: McFarland & Co., 2015), p. 112.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region XII (Soccsksargen)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region XII (Soccsksargen)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Sarangani". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Glan Municipal Profile at the Province of Sarangani Official Website
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|Maasim / Sarangani Bay||Jose Abad Santos, Davao Occidental|