|Rich Baker, Founder & CTO, Tom Martin, CEO|
|Products||Visual engagement & collaboration|
|Footnotes / references
Glance Networks is software company headquartered in Arlington, Massachusetts. The company's technology is referred to as a "visual engagement platform" that combines cobrowse, agent video, and screen share into a tool for call center and customer support agents to interact with customers. "Visual engagement" has been described by analyst firm Forrester Research as a way to "to cut through the customer conversation clutter, to be better understood, and to connect emotionally".
Glance's technology enables agents to see their customer's web browser page or tab, but unlike screen sharing, Glance's cobrowse security and privacy settings mask sensitive or confidential information and only allow the agent to view the authorized web site. The company states that it has integrations with customer relationship management (CRM) providers and other solutions such as Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, Genesys, SAP, and Zendesk.
Glance's "visual engagement platform" blends a customer's existing voice and chat functionality with cobrowse, agent video, and screen share tools. Typically, Glance is deployed alongside a customer relationship management (CRM) tool, such as Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics.
Glance is designed as a web-based, cross-platform cobrowse application with several levels of redundancy that are both physical and electronic. Glance operates out of two two geographically distinct colocation centers in the Mid-Atlantic and Northwest regions of the United States. All Glance data centers are fully compliant with the SSAE 16 SOC Type 2 reporting requirements as defined by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- In September 2016, Glance Networks' site states 23 patents submitted.
- In April 2015, Glance Networks announced that it has 20 patents approved, pending, or submitted.
- In November 2013, Glance Networks Announces Availability of Panorama for Salesforce.com's Sales & Service Cloud.
- In January 2012, Lucid Meetings integrated Glance's service as part of its offering. Lucid users integrate Glance sessions into their own meetings allowing participants to share their screen to any desktop or mobile device.
- In 2016, Glance Networks received the 2016 Salesforce Partner Innovation Award.
- In 2016, Glance Networks was named a finalist for in the 2016 MassTLC Leadership Awards for Best Use of Technology in Cloud.
- In 2016, Glance networks was awarded the 2016 CUSTOMER Magazine Product of the Year Award.
- In 2010, Glance Networks was named in Lead411's Hottest Boston Companies List.
- In 2009, Glance Networks was ranked 56th in the Boston-Cambridge-Quincy, Massachusetts and New Hampshire region.
- In 2007, the company received an award from the Small Business Technology Magazine as "Product To Watch For 2006".
- Christopher Calnan (February 19, 2007). "Dimdim looks bright with new funds". Mass High Tech. Boston Business Journal. Retrieved June 9, 2013.
- Jessica Tsai (August 14, 2007). "Come In and Take a Glance". Destination CRM. Retrieved June 9, 2013.
- "LinkedIn: Thomas Martin". January 2013.
- Judi Sohn (January 17, 2007). "Glance Networks Offers Screen Sharing For the Rest of Us". GigaOm blog. Retrieved June 9, 2013.
- Rob Buckley (May 22, 2007). "Glance". MacLife. Retrieved June 9, 2013.
- NetworkWorld Community
- "Fun Facts about Glance Networks".
- "Glance Networks completes 2014 with 57 percent growth; focused on continued success in 2015". April 23, 2015.
- Glance Networks, Inc.: Private Company Information - Businessweek. Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved on 2014-03-16.
- "Lucid Meetings Integrates Glance Instant Screen Sharing Into Virtual Meeting Service". January 12, 2012.
- Lead411 2010 Winners
- Glance Networks Company Profile
- Small Business Technology Magazine’s Best of the Year Issue