Glasgow North West (UK Parliament constituency)
|Glasgow North West|
for the House of Commons
Boundary of Glasgow North West in Scotland.
|Subdivisions of Scotland||City of Glasgow|
|Member of parliament||Carol Monaghan (SNP)|
|European Parliament constituency||Scotland|
The Glasgow City wards of Anniesland, Blairdardie, Drumry, Hayburn, Jordanhill, Knightswood Park, Knightswood South, Scotstoun, Summerhill, Victoria Park, and Yoker.
Glasgow North West is one of seven constituencies covering the Glasgow City council area. All are entirely within the city area.
Prior to the 2005 general election, the city area was covered by ten constituencies, of which two straddled boundaries with other council areas. The area of the North West constituency was covered by most of the Glasgow Anniesland constituency and part of the Glasgow Kelvin constituency.
Glasgow North West lies on the north bank of the River Clyde. It is a seat of contrasts, taking in affluent areas of Glasgow, such as Jordanhill and Scotstoun; as well as more deprived areas such as the Drumchapel housing estate. The constituency was formerly a safe seat for the Labour Party.
Members of Parliament
|Liberal Democrat||James Speirs||1,387||3.6||+0.8|
|Liberal Democrat||James Harrison||1,194||2.7||-13.1|
|Scottish Green||Moira Crawford||1,167||2.7||+0.2|
|SNP gain from Labour||Swing||+31.3|
|Liberal Democrat||Natalie McKee||5,622||15.8||–3.7|
|Scottish Green||Moira Crawford||882||2.5||–1.4|
|Liberal Democrat||Paul Graham||6,655||19.5||+7.8|
|Scottish Green||Martha Wardrop||1,333||3.9|
|Scottish Socialist||Anthea Irwin||1,108||3.3||-2.9|
|Socialist Labour||Colin Muir||279||0.8|
Notes and references
- Fifth Periodical Report, Boundary Commission for Scotland Archived 21 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "G" (part 1)
- "General Election 2017 - Glasgow candidates announced". 11 May 2017. Retrieved 15 July 2017.
- "Election Data 2015". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Westminster Election Results". www.glasgow.gov.uk. Archived from the original on 24 September 2015. Retrieved 15 July 2017.
- "Glasgow North West parliamentary constituency - Election 2017". BBC News. Retrieved 15 July 2017.
- "James Harrison". www.libdems.org.uk. Archived from the original on 4 February 2015. Retrieved 15 July 2017.
- "Seven Greens bid for city seats". Evening Times. Retrieved 15 July 2017.
- "Election Data 2010". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 26 July 2013. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Election Data 2005". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
♯ This reference gives all recent Glasgow City Westminster election results. You select the year and then the constituency to view the result.