Glasgow South West (UK Parliament constituency)
|Glasgow South West|
for the House of Commons
Boundary of Glasgow South West in Scotland.
|Subdivisions of Scotland||City of Glasgow|
|Member of parliament||Chris Stephens (SNP)|
|Created from||Glasgow Pollok
|European Parliament constituency||Scotland|
The constituency was first used in the general election of 2005.
The Glasgow City wards of Cardonald, Crookston, Darnley, Drumoyne, Govan, Ibrox, Mosspark, Nitshill, North Cardonald, Penilee, and Pollok.
Glasgow South West is one of seven constituencies covering the Glasgow City council area. All are entirely within the council area.
Prior to the 2005 general election, the city area was covered by ten constituencies, of which two straddled boundaries with other council areas. The area of the South West constituency was covered by most of the Glasgow Pollok constituency and part of the Glasgow Govan constituency.
Scottish Parliament constituencies retain the names and boundaries of the older Westminster constituencies.
Members of Parliament
|General Election 2015: Glasgow South West|
|Labour Co-op||Ian Davidson||13,438||32.8||-29.7|
|Scottish Green||Sean Templeton||507||1.2||N/A|
|Liberal Democrat||Isabel Nelson||406||1.0||-8.0|
|Scottish Socialist||Bill Bonnar||176||0.4||N/A|
|SNP gain from Labour Co-op||Swing||35.2|
|General Election 2010: Glasgow South West|
|Labour Co-op||Ian Davidson||19,863||62.5||+2.3|
|Liberal Democrat||Isabel Nelson||2,870||9.0||-2.6|
|Solidarity (TUSC)||Tommy Sheridan||931||2.9||N/A|
|Labour Co-op hold||Swing||+0.7|
|General Election 2005: Glasgow South West|
|Labour Co-op||Ian Davidson||18,653||60.2||-1.7|
|Liberal Democrat||Katy Gordon||3,593||11.6||+6.1|
|Scottish Socialist||Keith Baldassara||1,666||5.4||-4.1|
|Independent Green Voice||Alistair McConnachie||379||1.2||+1.2|
|Socialist Labour||Violet Shaw||143||0.5||+0.5|
|Labour Co-op hold||Swing||+0.2|
Notes and references
- Fifth Periodical Report, Boundary Commission for Scotland
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "G" (part 1)[self-published source][better source needed]
- "Election Data 2015". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- statement of persons nominated and party affiliations http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=28727&p=0
- "List of selected candidates". Liberal Democrats. 4 March 2015. Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- "Election Data 2010". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- Statement of Persons Nominated Glasgow City Council
- "Election Data 2005". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
♯ This reference gives all recent Glasgow City Westminster election results. You select the year and then the constituency to view the result.