|Country||United States of America|
|• Total||6.1 km2 (2.4 sq mi)|
|• Land||6.1 km2 (2.4 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.0 km2 (0.0 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,800/km2 (7,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||597451|
Glassmanor is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Prince George's County, Maryland, in the United States. As of the 2010 census, it had a population of 17,295. Prior to 2010, the United States Census Bureau had placed Glassmanor and the adjacent community of Oxon Hill in the "Oxon Hill-Glassmanor" census-designated place for statistical purposes.
The original Glassmanor apartments were built about 1950 by the Glassman company just outside the border of southeast Washington, D.C. In the mid-1950s the Eastover shopping center was built across the highway, followed by other adjoining apartment projects in the 1960s. U.S. Senator George McGovern, who was the Democratic Party's presidential candidate in 1972, lived briefly in Glassmanor while a freshman congressman  The area has undergone tremendous demographic and social changes since that time.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Glassmanor has a total area of 2.4 square miles (6.1 km2), all of it land. The CDP is bordered by Washington, D.C. to the northwest, the town of Forest Heights to the west, Oxon Hill to the south, Temple Hills to the southeast, Marlow Heights to the east, and Hillcrest Heights to the northeast. Interstate 495/95, the Capital Beltway, forms the southern boundary of the Glassmanor CDP.
Elementary schools serving sections of the CDP include Barnaby Manor, Flintstone, Forest Heights, Glassmanor, and Valley View. Benjamin Stoddert and Oxon Hill middle schools serve sections of the CDP. All residents are zoned to Potomac High School.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Glassmanor, Maryland
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Glassmanor CDP, Maryland". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved December 19, 2011.
- Washingtonian magazine, February 1983, page 105
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Glassmanor CDP, Maryland". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved December 19, 2011.
- "District 4 Station - Oxon Hill." Prince George's County Police Department. Retrieved on September 9, 2018. " 5135 Indian Head Highway Oxon Hill, MD 20745". Beat map.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Glassmanor CDP, MD." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on August 29, 2018.
- "NEIGHBORHOOD ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS AND BOUNDARIES SCHOOL YEAR 2018-2019." Prince George's County Public Schools. Retrieved on August 29, 2018.
- "NEIGHBORHOOD MIDDLE SCHOOLS AND BOUNDARIES SCHOOL YEAR 2018-2019." Prince George's County Public Schools. Retrieved on August 29, 2018.
- "NEIGHBORHOOD HIGH SCHOOLS AND BOUNDARIES SCHOOL YEAR 2018-2019." Prince George's County Public Schools. Retrieved on August 29, 2018.
- Home. Owens Road Elementary School. February 7, 2005. Retrieved on September 8, 2018. "Owens Road Elementary School 1616 Owens Road Oxon Hill, MD 20745"
- McKeever, Megan; Joshua Garner (2009-06-25). "Parents, students, staff reflect on consolidations, closures". The Gazette. Retrieved 2018-09-08.