Glastonbury Fayre (album)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Compilation album by Various artists|
Glastonbury Fayre is a triple album released in 1972, comprising performances by acts who had appeared at the Glastonbury Festival in 1971 (see Festival line-up 1971) and others. The album came in a fold-out poster sleeve inside a printed PVC outer sleeve, with a 32 page illustrated booklet, a poster sheet and a fold-out Silver Pyramid, all designed by Barney Bubbles.
Although most of the performances are live, not all were recorded at the Festival. The track contributed by Grateful Dead (titled "Dark Star....bury" for this compilation) is a version of "Dark Star" recorded at the Empire Pool, Wembley, London, on April 8, 1972 (during the band's Europe '72 tour). The group was widely rumoured to be due to appear at the Festival but did not. Studio demo recordings were contributed by Marc Bolan and Pete Townshend, who did not appear at the event, and by David Bowie, who did.
There are some variations in the production of the record set; there are differences in the colours printed on the labels, some copies have dark green labels with yellow and red and lighter green labels with white and red Revelation logo; some have yellow lettering and others black writing. Later pressings stated what Revelation Productions had done with the monies collected from earlier pressings.
- Side A
- Side B
- Side C
- Marc Bolan: "Sunken Rags" – 2:29
- Pete Townshend: "Classified" – 3:53
- David Bowie: '"Supermen" – 2:44
- Hawkwind: "Silver Machine and Welcome to the Future medley" (recorded at The Roundhouse, London on 13 February 1972 ) – 7:27
- Skin Alley: "Sun Music" – 4:50
- Side D
- Daevid Allen and Gong: "Glad Stoned Buried Fielding Flash And Fresh Fest Footprint In My Memory" – 23:10
- Side E
- Side F
- Edgar Broughton Band: "Out Demons Out" – 20:24
- "allmusic ((( Glastonbury Fayre Festival [3-LP Re-release] > Overview )))". www.allmusic.com. Retrieved 2010-01-15.