Glebelands Local Nature Reserve
Glebelands is Site of Borough Importance for Nature Conservation, Grade I, in Colney Hatch in the London Borough of Barnet. It is also part of the Coppett's Wood and Glebelands Local Nature Reserve.
It is the largest surviving fragment of the habitat of the old Finchley Common. The site is mostly wooded with areas of tall scrub and grassland, and there are numerous streams and seasonal small ponds. The main trees are hawthorn, oak, ash and silver birch. The wetlands have a number of vary rare flora, and it is the only known London site for lesser water plantain. There is a good diversity of breeding birds.
Glebelands is located at the corner of the North Circular Road and High Road, with access from a path between the High Road and Legion Way, off Summers Lane.
- Coppetts Wood and Glebelands LNR website
- "Coppetts Wood and Glebelands". Natural England. Archived from the original on 2014-02-02.
- "iGiGL – helping you find London’s parks and wildlife sites". Greenspace Information for Greater London. 2006. Archived from the original on November 29, 2012.
- "Coppetts Wood and Glebelands". Local Nature Reserves. Natural England. 4 March 2013. Archived from the original on 2 February 2014. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- "Map of Coppetts Wood and Glebelands". Local Nature Reserves. Natural England. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- Hewlett, Janet (1997). Nature Conservation in Barnet. London Ecology Unit. p. 7. ISBN 1 871045 27 4.
- "Glebeland's Local Nature Reserve". Greenspace Information for Greater London. 2006. Retrieved 9 September 2012.