|Born||6 June 1971|
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
Glen Gould (born June 6, 1971) is an Aboriginal Canadian actor, director and producer of Mi'kmaq and Italian descent. Between 2016 and 2020, he played the role of detective Jerry Commanda on the television series Cardinal.
Gould began performing professionally in Tomson Highway's theatrical troupe, Native Earth Performing Arts (to which Billy Merasty had referred him), and in Theatre New Brunswick; however, his career went on hiatus in 1992 when his parents were killed in a car accident.
Gould resumed performing in 1994, and has subsequently appeared in many Canadian television programs, including Cashing In, Blackstone, North of 60, Cardinal and Tribal, and films, including The Colony, File Under Miscellaneous, Rhymes for Young Ghouls, North Mountain, Monkey Beach and Girl.
Gould's uncle was Donald Marshall Jr., whose wrongful conviction for murder occurred the day before Gould's birth: Gould's pregnant mother was so shocked by the verdict that she went into labour with him. His first acting role was a minor part in the 1989 film adaptation of Michael Harris's 1986 book Justice Denied, which explored the events leading to Marshall's conviction.
- New CTV series features Membertou actor Glen Gould, by David Jala, in the Cape Breton Post; published January 17, 2017; retrieved March 4, 2017
- Actor Glen Gould kicks off Aboriginal Film Festival, by Sandra Thayer, at CBC.ca; published November 20, 2013; retrieved March 4, 2017
- Native actor Glen Gould’s left hook has a distinguished pedigree, by Jane Taber, in the Globe and Mail; published February 28, 2013; retrieved March 4, 2017
- Charlie Zone role linked to life, by Andrea Nemetz; published February 28, 2013; retrieved March 4, 2017
- "APTN casino drama holding a solid hand". Winnipeg Free Press, March 2, 2010.
- Jennifer Podemski, Jessica Matten Board 'Blackstone' for Fourth Season, by Etan Vlessing, at the Hollywood Reporter; published April 1, 201, 2014
- GLEN GOULD KEEPS IT REAL: PART TWO, by Jamaias DaCosta; in Muskrat Magazine; published January 14, 2015; retrieved March 4, 2017
- "NativeCelebs: Glen Gould writes: My daughter Na'ku'set's (aka Nikki Gould) debut on Degrassi as "Grace" aired last night, while she was at the wrap party! I am so proud of her!". Facebook. November 9, 2013. Retrieved September 12, 2021.