Morgan speaking at the 2013 San Diego Comic Con International
|Born||Syracuse, New York, U.S.|
|Occupation||Writer, director, producer|
|Notable work||The X-Files, Final Destination|
|Spouse(s)||Cindy Morgan (divorced; 1 child)
Kristen Cloke (1998–present, 4 children)
Glen Morgan is an American television producer, writer and director.
While attending El Cajon Valley High School, he met James Wong, who would become his friend and professional partner. Both enrolled at Loyola Marymount University, graduating from the School of Film and Television in 1983, and afterward, wrote many scripts together.
Morgan did not want to work on television at first, but wound up accepting a job on 21 Jump Street, which would later earn him and Wong a steady job at Stephen J. Cannell Productions. As Morgan was about to leave the company following scripts for The Commish in 1992, his former boss at Cannell, Peter Roth, invited him to work on a show being developed at 20th Television, The X-Files.
Morgan and Wong's work on the series lead them to create Space: Above and Beyond, and be showrunners for Millennium. Both would eventually jump to film, making the Final Destination series, The One, the 2003 remake of Willard, and the 2006 remake of the 1974 slasher film Black Christmas. Afterwards both developed different interests and started working separately.
In May 2007, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Morgan had joined the production team of NBC's Bionic Woman as an executive producer, however Variety reported in September 2007 that Morgan left the show due to "creative differences".
Morgan served as executive producer on Cartoon Network's Tower Prep alongside Paul Dini. Morgan is also the writer and executive producer of Intruders, which premiered on BBC America on August 23, 2014.
Morgan has been married since 1998 to actress Kristen Cloke, whom he met while working on Space: Above & Beyond. At the time, Morgan was divorcing from his first wife; Cindy, with whom he had a daughter. Cloke has appeared in several of his other projects, including Millennium, Willard, Final Destination, The X-Files, and Black Christmas. They have four children.
He is the older brother of fellow X-Files writer Darin Morgan.
- Trick Or Treat (1986) . . . .Roger Mockus
- The Boys Next Door (1985) (with James Wong)
- Trick Or Treat (1986) (uncredited)
- Final Destination (2000) (with James Wong and Jeffery Riddick)
- The One (2001) (with James Wong)
- Final Destination 3 (2006) (with James Wong)
- Back to Frank Black
- Glen Morgan on Intruders, The X-Files, and Why the 22-Episode Season Needs to Die
- NBC picks up four dramas; 'Friday' back
- SCI FI Wire | The News Service of the SCI FI Channel | SCIFI.COM
- The X-Files first season episode's Eve character of Cindy Reardon/Eve 10, was named after her.
- Vitaris, Paula (October 1997). "Morgan and Wong Return to The X-Files". Cinefantastique. 29 (4/5).