Glen Waverley railway station
The station in May 2014 with the 'Ikon' development in the background.
|Location||Kingsway, Glen Waverley
|Distance||22.23 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Fare zone||Myki zone 2|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||5 May 1930|
Stabling facilities are located directly opposite to the station. On 23 June 1979, a fire destroyed Tait motor carriage 339M whilst stabled in No. 4 track. The fire also damaged trailer carriage 407T and two stabled Hitachi sets.
The original station was built adjacent to Springvale Road, until the station was relocated west to its current location in 1963. The old station building was shifted to Epping, which became the terminus of the Epping line in November 1964. The section between Syndal and Glen Waverley was duplicated on 29 November 1964. It was upgraded to a Premium station on 16 August 1995.
In 2012, construction of the 'Ikon' apartment complex began on the station site, as part of Victrack's station precinct enhancement program. The $70 million development was completed in 2013, with the proceeds being used to fund a $1.8 million upgrade to the station forecourt. Works were completed in mid 2014.
Facilities, platforms & services
CDC Melbourne operates one route to and from Glen Waverley station:
Transdev Melbourne operates one route via Glen Waverley station:
Ventura Bus Lines operates nine routes via Glen Waverley Station:
- 734: to Glen Iris station
- 736: Mitcham station – Blackburn station
- 737: Croydon station – Monash University Clayton Campus
- 742: Eastland Shopping Centre – Chadstone Shopping Centre
- 753: to Bayswater station
- 754: to Rowville
- 850: to Dandenong station
- 885: to Springvale station
- 967: to Bayswater station (Saturday and Sunday mornings only)
- Glen Waverley Vicsig
- "Works". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. August 1979. p. 179.
- SE Dornan & RG Henderson (1979). Electric Railways of Victoria. Australian Electric Traction Society. pp. 67, 83. ISBN 0-909459-06-1.
- "Upgrading Eltham to a Premium Station". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. October 1997. p. 310.
- Construction starts on Glen Waverley station precinct project Premier of Victoria. Retrieved 03-05-2014
- Commuters signal $1.8 million Glen Waverley station facelift plans are on the right track Premier of Victoria. Retrieved 03-05-2014.
- Glen Waverley Line timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 623 Glen Waverley - St Kilda timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 902 Chelsea - Airport West timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 734 Glen Iris - Glen Waverley timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 736 Mitcham - Blackburn timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 737 Croydon - Monash University timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 742 Eastland -Chadstone timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 753 Glen Waverley - Bayswater timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 754 Rowville - Glen Waverley timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 850 Dandenong - Glen Waverley timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 885 Glen Waverley - Springvale timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 967 Glen Waverley - Bayswater timetable Public Transport Victoria