Glencoe is a census-designated place in southern Richland Township, Belmont County, Ohio, United States. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 310. Although it is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 43928.
Glencoe was laid out in 1855 when the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad was extended to that point. Some say the community was named after the Coe family, who settled in a nearby glen, while others believe the name is a transfer from Glencoe, Scotland. A post office called Glencoe has been in operation since 1855.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Glencoe, Ohio
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Glencoe CDP, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved February 18, 2014.
- Zip Code Lookup
- McKelvey, A. T. (1903). Centennial History of Belmont County, Ohio, and Representative Citizens. Biographical Publishing Company. p. 240.
- Overman, William Daniel (1958). Ohio Town Names. Akron, OH: Atlantic Press. p. 52.
- "Belmont County". Jim Forte Postal History. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 2 January 2016.
|This Belmont County, Ohio state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|