Glenda Adrianne Bailey OBE (born 16 November 1958, Derbyshire, England) is the editor-in-chief of Harper’s Bazaar, a monthly fashion magazine published by the Hearst Corporation. She was appointed to this position in May 2001.
Before joining Harper's Bazaar, she served as the editor-in-chief at the U.S. edition of Marie Claire starting in June 1996.
Bailey has also served as the Editor of British Marie Claire, which she launched in 1988. British Marie Claire earned Bailey three Magazine Editor of the Year Awards, five Magazine of the Year Awards and two Amnesty International Awards. In August 1995, she was named as International Editorial Consultant for all 26 editions of Marie Claire.
Ms Bailey was born in Derbyshire, England. She earned a degree in fashion design from Kingston University. Before establishing herself in publishing, Bailey produced a collection for Guisi Slaverio in Italy in 1983.
- "Weekend birthdays". The Guardian (London). 16 October 2013. p. 60.
- Day, Elizabeth (11 September 2011). "Glenda Bailey: the Bazaar vision of a fashion queen". The Guardian (London). Retrieved 2013-03-27.
- "Harper Bazaar Names New Ed-in-Chief". Fashion Windows.
- "Glenda Bailey Biography". Hearst Corporation.[dead link]
- "GLENDA BAILEY HONORED WITH THE CHEVALIER DES ARTS IN PARIS". Harper's Bazaar. November 2012. Retrieved 22 September 2012.
|Editor of Harper's Bazaar