Glenda Adrianne Bailey OBE (born 16 November 1958) is the editor-in-chief of Harper’s Bazaar, a monthly fashion magazine published by the Hearst Corporation. She was appointed to this position in May 2001.
Bailey was born in Derbyshire, England. She earned a degree in fashion design from Kingston University. Before establishing herself in publishing, she produced a collection for Guisi Slaverio in Italy in 1983.
Bailey served as editor of Honey in 1986. She also launched FOLIO, a quarterly fashion magazine.
In 1988 she was appointed launch editor of the British edition of Marie Claire. Marie Claire earned her three Magazine Editor of the Year Awards, five Magazine of the Year Awards and two Amnesty International Awards. In August 1995, she was named as International Editorial Consultant for all 26 editions of Marie Claire.
From June 1996 she served as editor-in-chief of the U.S. edition of Marie Claire, before joining Harper's Bazaar as editor-in-chief in May 2001.
- "Weekend birthdays". The Guardian (London). 16 October 2013. p. 60.
- Day, Elizabeth (11 September 2011). "Glenda Bailey: the Bazaar vision of a fashion queen". The Guardian (London). Retrieved 2013-03-27.
- "Harper Bazaar Names New Ed-in-Chief". Fashion Windows.
- "Glenda Bailey Biography". Hearst Corporation. Archived from the original on October 6, 2007.
- "Glenda Bailey honored with the Chevalier des Arts in Paris". Harper's Bazaar. November 2012. Retrieved 22 September 2012.
|Editor of Harper's Bazaar