|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Richard Pootmans|
|• Total||1.3 km2 (0.5 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,150 m (3,770 ft)|
|• Average Income||$55,400|
|Website||Glendale Community Association|
Glendale is a residential neighbourhood in the south-west quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is located south of 17th Avenue SW, east of Sarcee Trail and Signal Hill and west of 37 Street SW and Killarney. The Optimist Athletic Park is located in this community.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $55,400 in 2000, and there were 10.2% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 18% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 9.1% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 20.1% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by Glendale Elementary and Glenmeadow Elementary public schools, as well as by St. Gregory Junior High (Catholic).
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Glendale Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-09.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 6 Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-09.[permanent dead link]
|This Calgary-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|