Glendale Cemetery, Bloomfield
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Mule Suttles (1900-1966) Negro league baseball player who was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 2006.
- Sarah Vaughan (1924-1990), jazz singer.
- Albert L. Vreeland (1901-1975), represented New Jersey's 11th congressional district from 1939-1943.
- Yaki Kadafi (1977-1996)
- Coffin, Phil. "The Black Babe", The New York Times, March 12, 2006. Accessed July 18, 2011. "But 40 years after his death, Suttles's headstone in a cemetery in Bloomfield does not even bear his name.... Suttles is buried in an open, low-lying section of Glendale Cemetery, near the confluence of Bloomfield, Belleville and Nutley. The name of his wife, Lucille, is engraved on the headstone over the plot they share, with only her year of birth and the words In God's Care; the rest remains blank."
- George "Mule" Suttles, Find A Grave. Accessed August 22, 2007.
- Scaduto, Anthony. "A Final Farewll To Sarah Vaughan", Newsday, April 10, 1990. Accessed July 18, 2011. "Two white horses, bedecked with black plumes over their ears, pulled the hearse a little over three miles to Glendale Cemetery in nearby Bloomfield."
- Sarah Vaughan, Find A Grave. Accessed August 22, 2007.
- Albert Lincoln Vreeland, Biographical Directory of the United States Congress. Accessed August 22, 2007.