Glendale Union High School District
|Glendale Union High School District|
|Maricopa County, Arizona, 85301|
|Type||traditional and online|
|NCES District ID||0403450|
|Students and staff|
|Staff||734.40 (on an FTE basis)|
The union high school district operates nine comprehensive high schools and serves most of Glendale and a portion of Phoenix. It is the second largest high school-only district preceded by Phoenix Union.
Glendale Union High School District schools receive the graduates of the Washington Elementary School District, Glendale Elementary School District, and many students from the Madison School District. Glendale Elementary district is located in Glendale, Arizona, Madison schools are in North Central Phoenix and the Washington Elementary schools are in North Phoenix and Sunnyslope.
- Apollo (Glendale) – opened 1970
- Cortez (Phoenix) – opened 1960
- Glendale (Glendale) – opened 1911
- Greenway (Phoenix) – opened 1973
- Independence (Glendale) – opened 1977
- Moon Valley (Phoenix) – opened 1965
- Sunnyslope (Phoenix) – opened 1953
- Thunderbird (Phoenix) – opened 1972
- Washington (Phoenix) – opened 1955
The GUHSD Online Learning Academy (formerly "Christown Academy" and "Metrocenter Academy"), is an alternative high school. It admits students who wish to take online courses, and it offers high school diplomas but not GEDs. In 2018–19 it had 247 students enrolled.
Feeder school districts
- Glendale Elementary School District
- Washington Elementary School District
- Madison Elementary School District
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Glendale Union High School District (4285)". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences.
- "MetroCenter Academy (Formerly Christown Academy) GUHSD". GUHSD. SchoolMessenger Presence. Retrieved June 11, 2016.
- Glendale Union High School District | Glendale, Arizona Archived 2006-08-19 at the Wayback Machine
- "Glendale Union High School District Online Learning Academy". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved December 24, 2020.