|Elevation||98 ft (30 m)|
Glenn is an unincorporated community in Glenn County, California. It lies at an elevation of 98 feet (30 m). The town is located on the Sacramento River, at the intersection of State Route 45 and State Route 162. It is about ten miles (16 km) east of Interstate 5 and Willows on the U.S. Geological Survey 7.5-minute quadrangle, Glenn, California. The U.S. Geological Survey, National Geographic Names Database, calls its existence official with a feature ID of 1658621 and lists the NAD27 coordinates of the community as . The ZIP Code, shared with Ordbend and Bayliss, is 95943. The community is inside area code 530. This area is flagged as rural by the U.S. Census Bureau.
The first post office at Glenn opened in 1903.
Terrain and local landmarks
The area is relatively flat land along the banks of the Sacramento River. A local landmark is the Glenn Post Office on SR45 just north of SR162. Farther north still along SR45 is the local Mennonite Church as there is a modest population of Mennonite farming families in this area. Much of the area is agricultural land under cultivation. West of town, there is a natural gas well field operated by Denver-based Venoco, Inc. along SR162 between Glenn and Willows.
- U.S. Geological Survey, National Geographic Names Database.
- Map: U.S. Geological Survey, Glenn, California, 7.5-minute Quadrangle, 1969.
- Map: Road Map of California: 1958, (Sacramento, California: Department of Public Works; Division of Highways, 1958).
- Map: State of California, Division of Oil, Gas, and Geothermal Resources, District 6, Map 620.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Glenn, California
- Durham, David L. (1998). California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Clovis, Calif.: Word Dancer Press. p. 241. ISBN 1-884995-14-4.
- "Senators". State of California. Retrieved April 7, 2013.
- "Members Assembly". State of California. Retrieved April 7, 2013.
- "California's 1st Congressional District - Representatives & District Map". Civic Impulse, LLC. Retrieved March 1, 2013.