Glenn H. Greenberg
Glenn H. Greenberg
Glenn Hank Greenberg
January 22, 1947
|Education||B.A. Yale University|
M.A. New York University
M.B.A. Columbia University
|Known for||Managing Director and Founder of Brave Warrior Advisors|
|Spouse(s)||Judith Bruce (divorced)|
Georgia Sarchet Shreve
|Parent(s)||Caral Gimbel Greenberg|
|Family||Bernard Gimbel (grandfather)|
Bruce Alva Gimbel (uncle)
Peter Gimbel (uncle)
Glenn Hank Greenberg (born January 22, 1947) is the Managing Director and Founder of Brave Warrior Advisors, a privately owned Investment Advisory firm.
He was born to a Jewish family in New York City, the son of Caral Gimbel (daughter of Bernard Gimbel and sister of Bruce Alva Gimbel and Peter Gimbel) and Hank Greenberg. His father was a Hall of Fame baseball player and his mother's family founded Gimbel Brothers department stores and acquired Saks Fifth Avenue. His mother was previously married and divorced from Edward Lasker, son of Albert Lasker; and after divorcing his father, married World War II hero, Joseph M. Lebworth.
Greenberg grew up in Cleveland where his father was general manager of the Cleveland Indians and later attended Phillips Academy Andover. He earned a BA in English at Yale, an MA in Literature at NYU, and an MBA from Columbia University. He was a three-year starter at defensive tackle and later the fourth ranked US squash amateur.
Greenberg taught high school and was a school principal before enrolling at Columbia in 1971. Upon graduation he worked for five years in the Pension group at Morgan Guaranty Trust as an analyst and portfolio manager. He joined Central-National Gottesman in 1978 to work for Arthur Ross and later Edgar Wachenheim. In 1984 he and John Shapiro founded Chieftain Capital Management, whose name was changed to Brave Warrior in 2010 when the partners split up.
In 1971, Greenberg married Judith Bruce in a Baptist ceremony in New York City; they later divorced. In 1976, Greenberg married Georgia Sarchet Shreve in a Roman Catholic ceremony in St. Paul's Chapel of Columbia University. In 2001, Greenberg married Linda Vester - also a Roman Catholic - in New York City. They have four children in addition to Greenberg's three children from his previous marriages.
- "Are these the new Warren Buffetts?". Fortune. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- "WEDDINGS; Linda Vester, Glenn Greenberg". The New York Times. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- Wadler, Joyce (May 15, 2002). "PUBLIC LIVES; Being Rich Is Grand; Getting Old Is Getting Old". New York Times.
- "Deaths Lebworth, M. Joseph". New York Times. May 22, 2008.
- Snodgrass, Mary Ellen (2014). World Clothing and Fashion: An Encyclopedia of History, Culture, and Social Influence. Routledge. pp. 273–275. ISBN 9781315698045.
- "Judith Bruce, Radcliffe Alumna, Married to Glenn H. Greenberg". New York Times. July 2, 1971. Retrieved April 27, 2018.
- "Georgia Sarchet Shreve is Wed to Bank Aide". New York Times. October 30, 1976. Retrieved April 27, 2018.
- "Weddings; Linda Vester, Glenn Greenberg". The New York Times. May 6, 2001. Retrieved May 24, 2015.
- "NBC News Faces Skepticism In Remedying In-House Sexual Harassment". Washington Post. April 26, 2018.
- Alissa Krinsky (September 17, 2014). "Where Are They Now? Linda Vester". Adweek. Retrieved May 24, 2015.