Richards in 2007
|Birth name||Glenn Anthony Richards|
|Also known as||G. A. Richards|
|Born||29 December 1973|
|Origin||Shepparton, Victoria, Australia|
|Associated acts||Augie March|
Richards was born in Shepparton, Victoria. Richards saved up enough money to buy his first guitar by working long hours on the docks in Fremantle, Western Australia.
With Augie March
Richards joined Augie March in August 1995, playing his first gig with them five years later.
To date they have released two EPs and four LPs, while Richards has released one solo EP. Richards has released one additional solo EP as G.A. Richards and the Dark Satanic Mills Bros.
Glenn now lives with his family in Tasmania in West Hobart, a suburb of Hobart with views of the city, the Derwent Estuary and the surrounding suburbs.
Awards and nominations
|2007||"One Crowded Hour" – Glenn Richards||Song of the Year||Won|
|Glenn Richards||Breakthrough Songwriter Award||Won|
- Sunset Studies (BMG Australia), 2000
- Strange Bird (BMG Australia), 2002
- Closed Off, Cold & Bitter - Life As a Can of Beer (Solo EP), 2006
- Moo, You Bloody Choir (BMG Australia), 2006
- Watch Me Disappear (Sony BMG Australia), 2008
- Glimjack (Sony BMG Australia), 2010
- ""One Crowded Hour" at APRA search engine". Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA). Retrieved 30 January 2010.
- McIntosh, Gregory. "Augie March > Biography". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 30 January 2010.
- Biography, last fm
- "Previous Winners Song of the Year". Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA). Retrieved 2 May 2010.
- "2007 Winners - APRA Music Awards". Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA). Archived from the original on 19 April 2014. Retrieved 1 May 2010.