Glenn Rubenstein (born March 2, 1976) is a writer, director, and journalist based in Northern California.
Glenn Rubenstein has been a columnist for the San Francisco Examiner, Sports Illustrated for Kids, CNET's (now defunct) GameCenter, Wizard Magazine, and many other national publications. He was one of the original Contributing Editors for Wired Magazine , and one of the founding editors at the console section of GameSpot. He has also contributed dozens of reviews and previews to the TechTV/G4 television show X-Play.
He began writing for his hometown paper, The Argus Courier, in 1990 (at the age of 14). His writing has mainly focused on topics relating to video games and technology.
From 1993 to 1995, he co-hosted the nationally syndicated On Computers radio show with Leo Laporte and Gina Smith. He also made frequent appearances on MSNBC's The Site (with Soledad O'Brien), G4's Icons show, and was a frequent guest on Live 105's The Alex Bennett Show
Rubenstein hosted the TWiT LAN Party called Shut Up and Play. It began airing weekly every Sunday at 7pm PST starting on January 15, 2012, and was part of a several hour long LAN Party which included a grudge match on consoles which featured Glenn playing against other TWIT employees and hosts.
In early 2007, it was revealed that he is the Puppet Master of the Alternate Reality Game OpAphid, and the creator of the characters OpAphid, Tachyon, and 10033/Brother, for which he also provides the voice. Rubenstein is also credited with writing, directing, and editing all of the OpAphid/Tachyon videos and their crossovers with lonelygirl15. . OpAphid returned alongside Rubenstein's new characters, Red Earth (Rachel) and LoFiSyndicate, for his series, RedEarth88.
On October 15, 2007, the New York Times reported that Rubenstein had collaborated on a video with Gary Brolsma, as well as Chad Vader's Aaron Yonda and Matt Sloan, as a part of Canon's Battle of the Internet Superstars. 
Glenn Rubenstein is the author of Podcast Advertising Works: How to Turn Engaged Audiences into Loyal Customers, ISBN 978-1539374466. The book relates lessons learned from his time as Director of Marketing for TWiT as well as with his own podcast advertising agency, Adopter Media.  Topics within the book include: why podcast advertising works, what podcasters can do to make their ads more effective, and how the business works. 
In 2001, Rubenstein wrote Sports Gamer: The Guide to Sports Video Games.
- Entertainment Weekly Feature Article about Glenn Rubenstein published 12/02/94
- A 1992 episode of Computer Chronicles containing a game review segment featuring Glenn Rubenstein
- Glenn Rubenstein's listing of credits at lonelygirl15.com
- Glenn Rubenstein, Miles Beckett, and Greg Goodfried talking about OpAphid and Lonelygirl15 at ARGfest-o-Con 2007 (Video)
- Glenn Rubenstein's interview with Bibpodcast
- Glenn Rubenstein interview on Copyblogger Podcast published 11/02/16
- Glenn Rubenstein's interview on The Showrunner Podcast published 11/07/16
- Glenn Rubenstein's Reddit AMA published 12/15/16
- Glenn Rubenstein's Podcast Advertising Agency