|Born||Glenn Christopher Scarpelli
July 6, 1966
Staten Island, New York City, New York, US
Born in Staten Island, New York City, New York, he is the son of long time Archie Comics artist Henry Scarpelli. (Glenn would feature in issue #330 of Archie, dated July 1984). He attended a private Catholic school, St. Joseph Hill Academy, from kindergarten to 8th grade.
In 1977, at the age of 10, Scarpelli made his Broadway debut, appearing in the play Golda's Balcony with Anne Bancroft. He returned to the stage in 1979 with the role of Richard, Duke of York in the Broadway revival of Richard III starring Al Pacino.
Scarpelli's role as Alex Handris (1980–83) on the long-running television situation comedy One Day at a Time is his most prominent. He left that sitcom to appear in the NBC sitcom Jennifer Slept Here. Other television appearances include 3-2-1 Contact, Steven Spielberg's Amazing Stories, MacGyver, The Love Boat, and Fantasy Island. He was also a co-host in summer 1983 of the NBC game show/human interest show Fantasy.
He released a self-entitled pop album in 1983, which included the single "Get A Love On".
Scarpelli came out as gay in adulthood. He resides in Sedona, Arizona, where he and his then-partner Jude Belanger established the Sedona Now Network, a community television station, in 2003. Scarpelli and Belanger were married in California in 2008, but filed for divorce in 2012.
- "Archie #330". Grand Comics Database. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Glenn Scarpelli". Discogs.com. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- Shapiro, Eddie (February 12, 2006), "One Gay at a Time", Out, retrieved 2007-09-01
- About Us, Sedona Now Network
- Cohen, Neil. "Reel Thoughts Interview: One Day in Sedona", Movie Dearest blog, February 15, 2012.
- TV Land Award, April 29, 2012