City Schools of Decatur
|City Schools of Decatur|
|Grades||Pre-school – 12|
|Superintendent||Dr. David Dude|
|Accreditation||Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
Georgia Accrediting Commission
|Students and staff|
City Schools of Decatur has an enrollment of approximately 5,600 students and operates nine schools: one Early Childhood Learning Center, five K-3 lower elementary schools, one 4th/5th upper elementary, one middle school, and one high school.
The Early Childhood Learning Center offers programs for Decatur children ages 0–4. The primary schools are located within residential neighborhoods throughout Decatur.
Over 70% of teachers hold advanced degrees, most have multiple years of classroom experience, and some hold multiple certifications. The average years of experience among teachers across the district is 13.
Students perform above the state and national averages on standardized tests at all grade levels. Each year City Schools of Decatur has ranked in the top ten districts in Georgia for SAT performance. Decatur High School has been named an AP Challenge and AP Merit school in Georgia.
- College Heights Early Learning Center
- Clairemont Elementary School (K–3)
- Glennwood Elementary School (K–3)
- Oakhurst Elementary School (K–3)
- Westchester Elementary School (K-3)
- Winnona Park Elementary School (K–3)
- 4/5 Academy at Fifth Avenue (4–5)
- Renfroe Middle School (6–8)
- Decatur High School (9–12)
|This article related to the state of Georgia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|