Glenroy railway station
Southbound view in November 2008
|Location||Hartington Street, Glenroy|
|Distance||14.40 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Fare zone||Myki zone 1/2 overlap|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||24 January 1887|
A goods siding was provided in 1908, and was extended in 1950, for the nearby flour mill. Hand gates protected the Glenroy Road level crossing until 1965, when boom barriers were provided. The original station buildings were provided in 1886, being replaced by the present buildings in 1976. The station was upgraded to a Premium station in 1999.
Platforms & services
Dyson's Bus Services operates five routes via Glenroy station:
- 513: to Eltham station
- 534: to Coburg
- 536: to Gowrie station
- 542: Roxburgh Park station – Pascoe Vale station
- 951: Melbourne CBD (Queen Street) (Saturday and Sunday mornings only) to
- Glenroy Vicsig
- Turton, Keith W (1973). Six And A Half Inches From Destiny. The first hundred years of the Melbourne-Wodonga Railway 1873-1973. Australian Railway Historical Society. p. 87. ISBN 0-85849-012-9.
- Vincent Adams Winter (1990). VR and VicRail: 1962 - 1983. p. 106. ISBN 0-9592069-3-0.
- "Upgrading Eltham to a Premium Station". Newsrail (Australian Railway Heritage Society). October 1997. p. 310.
- Craigieburn Line timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 513 Eltham - Glenroy timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 534 Glenroy - Coburg timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 536 Gowrie - Glenroy timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 542 Roxburgh Park - Pascoe Vale timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 951 City - Moonee Ponds - Brunswick West - Pascoe Vale - Glenroy timetable Public Transport Victoria