Glens Falls High School
|Glens Falls High School|
|10 Quade Street
Glens Falls, New York, (Warren County), 12801
|Motto||Excellence in Education|
|School district||Glens Falls City School District|
|NCES District ID||3612240|
|NCES School ID||361224000981|
|Assistant principals||Elizabeth Collins & Arthur Corlew|
|Faculty||67.44 (on an FTE basis)|
|Enrollment||821 (2009-2010 school year)|
|• Grade 9||213|
|• Grade 10||231|
|• Grade 11||181|
|• Grade 12||196|
|Student to teacher ratio||12.17|
|Color(s)||Red and black|
|Communities served||Glens Falls & Queensbury|
Glens Falls High School
The old school is now an apartment building
|Location||421-433 Glen St., Glens Falls, New York|
|Architect||Potter, Ephraim B.|
|Architectural style||Colonial Revival, Classical Revival, Other|
|MPS||Potter, Ephraim B., Buildings TR|
|NRHP Reference #||84003335|
|Added to NRHP||September 29, 1984|
Glens Falls High School is a high school serving the Glens Falls City School District and Glens Falls Common School District. The high school was formerly located at 421-433 Glen Street. That building, currently an apartment complex, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984. Currently located at 10 Quade Street near Sherman Avenue in Glens Falls, New York, the current building was recently[when?] renovated and modernized with a new third floor addition, new rooms, and new computers.
|This section does not cite any references (sources). (March 2011)|
The Glens Falls High School has a variety of athletic programs, most notable of which are the basketball team, lacrosse, ice hockey, soccer, track & field, football, and field hockey. Other programs include tennis, wrestling, cross country running, bowling, swimming & diving, alpine skiing, Nordic skiing, golf, softball and baseball. All GFHS Athletic teams carry the name "Indians." (Glens Falls Indians). The boys' basketball team were state semi-finalists in 1999 and finalists in 2003 and 2007. The girls' field hockey team were state champions in 2000 and 2001 and state finalists in 1985, 1999, and 2006. The boys' ice hockey team were state champions in 1990 and 1991. They were finalists in 2000 and semi-finalists in 1989, 2001, 2003, 2004, and 2005. The girls' basketball team were state finalists in 1985.
The Football team was a semi-finalist in 1993, and are going to the Carrier Dome (State Finals) for the first time in school history in 2012.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012)|
- 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan – Professional Wrestler of Mid-South, WWF, WCW & WWE fame.
- Jimmer Fredette – Point Guard for Chicago Bulls' Basketball team
- Dave LaPoint – retired Major League Baseball pitcher and 1982 World Series Champion
- Dave Palmer – retired Major League Baseball pitcher
- Edward C. Prescott – 2004 Nobel Prize in Economics; class of 1958
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Glens Falls City School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved October 19, 2011.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Glens Falls Senior High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved October 19, 2011.
- "Glens Falls City School District - Index". Glens Falls City School District. Retrieved March 24, 2011.
- Staff (2008-04-15). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "Men's Basketball Athlete Profile - Jimmer Fredette". BYUCougars.com. Retrieved March 24, 2011.
- "Dave LaPoint Stats". Baseball Almanac. Retrieved November 6, 2012.
- "David Palmer Statistics & History". Sports Reference, LLC. Retrieved March 24, 2011.