From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up gliding in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Gliding is a recreational activity and competitive air sport in which pilots fly unpowered aircraft known as gliders.
Gliding may also refer to:
- Gliding (dance), a group of footwork-oriented dance techniques and styles
- Gliding flight, flight in the absence of thrust
- Gliding motility of microbes.
- Hang gliding, an air sport in which a pilot flies a light and unmotorized foot-launchable aircraft called a hang glider
- Paragliding, an air sport in which a pilot flies a foot-launched unmotorized aircraft with a frameless wing called a paraglider
- Ski Gliding or speed riding, an air sport in which a pilot flies a small fabric wing whilst on skis
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Gliding.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.