Glimmerglass State Park
|Glimmerglass State Park|
The covered bridge at Glimmerglass State Park in November 2004.
|Location||1527 County Highway 31
Cooperstown, New York
|Nearest city||Cooperstown, New York|
|Area||593 acres (2.40 km2)|
|Operated by||New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation|
|Visitors||153,882 (in 2014)|
|Website||Glimmerglass State Park|
Glimmerglass State Park is located at Hyde Bay on the east shore of Otsego Lake, which is the "Glimmerglass" of James Fenimore Cooper's Leatherstocking Tales. The Hyde Hall mansion overlooks the bay and most of the grounds.
The park offers a beach, picnic tables with pavilions, a playground, recreation programs, a nature trail, hiking and biking, fishing and ice fishing, a campground with tent and trailer sites, ice skating, cross-country skiing and snowmobiling and a food concession. The park is open year-round.
- "Glimmerglass State Park - Getting There". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved July 23, 2015.
- "Section O: Environmental Conservation and Recreation, Table O-9". 2014 New York State Statistical Yearbook (PDF). The Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government. 2014. p. 672. Retrieved February 14, 2016.
- "Guide to the George Hyde Clarke Family Papers, 1705-1937.". Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections. Cornell University Library. 2007. Retrieved July 23, 2015.
- "State Park Annual Attendance Figures by Facility: Beginning 2003". Data.ny.gov. Retrieved July 23, 2015.
- "Glimmerglass State Park". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved July 23, 2015.
|This article about a location in Otsego County, New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|