Glitter and Doom Tour
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Tour by Tom Waits|
Official tour poster.
|Location||United States, Europe|
|Start date||June 17, 2008|
|End date||August 1, 2008|
|No. of shows||13 in United States
15 in Europe
|Tom Waits concert chronology|
The tour was announced at a performance art press conference on May 5, 2008.
Tickets for Waits' summer shows were limited to two per person but, in an effort to beat ticket touts, a valid I.D. (passport or driving license) matching the name on the ticket was required to gain entry. Any concert-goer who did not have a valid I.D. or was found to be in possession of a ticket that had been resold – electronic scanners were employed – was not allowed in and did not get a refund.
As of July 22 Tom Waits band consisted of the following:
- Vincent Henry - woodwinds
- Casey Waits - drums
- Omar Torrez - guitar/banjo
- Patrick Warren - keyboard
- Seth Ford-Young - bass
- Sullivan Waits - clarinet/conga
- "Tom Waits to employ anti-tout measures". Hot Press. 2008-05-21. Retrieved 2008-05-21.
- "Announcing Tom Waits Glitter and Doom Tour". ANTI-. May 4, 2008. Retrieved June 19, 2012.
- "ANTI– Tom Waits plays the 'Glitter and Doom' tour through Europe this summer". ANTI-. May 21, 2008. Retrieved June 19, 2012.