Glitz is a 1985 novel by author Elmore Leonard, following the story of Detective Vincent Mora who is being stalked by Teddy Magyk, the serial rapist he put away. It was made into a 1988 TV movie starring Jimmy Smits.
Psycho mama's boy Teddy Magyk has a serious jones for the Miami cop who put him away for raping a senior citizen — but he wants to hit Vincent Mora where it really hurts before killing him. So when a beautiful Puerto Rican hooker takes a swan dive from an Atlantic City high-rise and Vincent naturally shows up to investigate the questionable death of his "special friend," Teddy figures he's got his prey just where he wants him. But the A.C. dazzle is blinding the Magic Man to a couple of very hard truths: Vincent Mora doesn't forgive and forget ... and he doesn't die easy.
Characters in Glitz
- Vincent Mora – Miami homicide investigator
- Teddy Magyk – crazy serial rapist
- Iris Ruiz – hooker
- Lorendo Paz – Puerto Rico criminal affairs investigator
- Linda Moon – singer, who becomes Vincent's girlfriend during the story.
- Dixie Davies – Atlantic City major crime squad homicide officer
- Tommy Donovan – Atlantic City casino owner
- Nancy Donovan, casino manager who becomes enamoured of Vincent
- Jacky Garbo – Atlantic City casino operator
- Sal Catalina – Atlantic City wise guy
- Ricky Catalina a.k.a. "the Zit" – collector
- LaDonna Padgett – Jacky's girlfriend and former Miss Oklahoma
- Frank Cingoro – wise guy
- DeLeon Johnson a.k.a. 'Moose' – Ex-Nfl Player, working as minder for Jacky
|This article about a crime novel of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.