This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||School for Global Leaders|
|Location||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
GlobalNxt University (formerly Universitas 21 Global or U21Global) is an accredited university with academic head-quarters in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The university specialises primarily in management studies, and is a pioneer in the use of digital and educational technologies. Faculty of the university are located across the globe, as are the students. The university has strong partnerships with industry, developing an array of customised management development programmes for corporations. As of January 2013, U21Global had over 9,000 students from 72 countries.
U21Global was formed in June 2001 in Singapore as a Joint Venture between Universitas 21 and Thomson Learning (which later became Cengage Learning). Universitas 21 consisted of a network of high-profile universities including the Universities of Melbourne, Nottingham, Virginia and the National University of Singapore.
In late 2007, Cengage Learning sold its entire 50% in U21Global share to Mauritius-based Manipal Universal Learning International for an undisclosed sum. In 2010, the Universitas 21 shareholding was diluted to 25 per cent, with only 10 universities continuing to hold equity.
In 2012, U21Global was invited by the Malaysia Ministry of Higher Education to re-stablish itself in Malaysia as part of the country's strategic drive to become a global educational hub. U21Global was re-established as GlobalNxt University, an accredited university in Malaysia with offices now based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
GlobalNxt University offers courses in Masters of Business Administration (MBA), Postgraduate Diploma of Business Administration, Master of Science in Information Technology Management and Doctor of Business Administration (DBA). In Malaysia, all degree programmes must pass a rigorous external review before being granted full accreditation by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
In addition, the university developed a range of executive programmes in conjunction with industry partners.
- Women's Leadership Programme (WLP)
- Certificate in Global Business Leadership (CGBL)
- Building Business Partnerships (BBP)
- Sales Excellence Programme (SEP)
- "Asia's Newest University Launches Online". Digital Quadrant. 2013-01-04. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- Trounson, Andrew (2009-12-08). "Melbourne University Retreats from Lacklustre U21 Global". The Australian. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- Trounson, Andrew (2010-01-27). "Manipal to Control U21Global". The Australian. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- "GlobalNxt University, Asia's Newest University, Launches as Interest in Online Education Reaches New Highs". Thomson Reuters. 2013-01-03. Retrieved 2013-09-18.